cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filed a complaint against Experian w/CFPB -- Great results :)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Filed a complaint against Experian w/CFPB -- Great results :)

I have one baddie left on two reports - Experian & Equifax.  I filed a complaint with the CFPB after filing disputes with each agency failed.  They weren't even investigating.  They were transmiting codes back and forth and closing the complaint out immediately.  

I filed the complaint earlier this week.  Experian is removing the account during the next cycle.  So I won one.  I just have to wait on Equifax now.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: Filed a complaint against Experian w/CFPB -- Great results :)

I am going thru the samething with EX. Waiting for the CFPB responce.

Message 2 of 5
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have one baddie left on two reports - Experian & Equifax.  I filed a complaint with the CFPB after filing disputes with each agency failed.  They weren't even investigating.  They were transmiting codes back and forth and closing the complaint out immediately.  

I filed the complaint earlier this week.  Experian is removing the account during the next cycle.  So I won one.  I just have to wait on Equifax now.

what inaccurate information did you dispute?

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was an old US Gov student loan, that I paid, had no balance, and was missing most of its information.  It didn't have the DoFD on it.  I filed numerous complains with the CRA directly.  They only removed it after I filed a complaint with the CFPB.  I guess they didn't like the idea of a fine.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried sharingan on Equifax?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.