Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally hit the big 7-0-0-!!!

tag
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

Finally hit the big 7-0-0-!!!

Just two years removed from a BK7 discharge, my three FICO scores have hit 700!

I know it's not a huge deal given the spread of 750-850 scores prevalent here, but it's a huge deal for me...especially since these scores (in my sig) came from a lender pull to pre-qualify for our first new home! Smiley Happy

Thanks to all for your help and great advice. This is the best, most useful forum in the world BAR NONE.

Edited to add:

I just reviewed my EQ CR...I have some significant CC balances that have not yet reported as PIF and will do so next week. Could be pushed even higher by then!

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: Finally hit the big 7-0-0-!!!

@CreditCrusader wrote:

I know it's not a huge deal given the spread of 750-850 scores prevalent here, but it's a huge deal for me...especially since these scores (in my sig) came from a lender pull to pre-qualify for our first new home! Smiley Happy

Thanks to all for your help and great advice. This is the best, most useful forum in the world BAR NONE.

No, it is a bigger deal since it gives many others hope and more momentum to keep on going.

Great news and +1000 to you. 

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 10
teenastie
Established Contributor

@CreditCrusader wrote:

Edited to add:

I just reviewed my EQ CR...I have some significant CC balances that have not yet reported as PIF and will do so next week. Could be pushed even higher by then!

I'm very happy for you! I've tracked your progress and I'm sure you and your family are ecstatic from your hard work!!!

Message 3 of 10
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Congrats on the rebuilding success !!!   Great job !! Smiley Happy

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 10
ccubedzx3
Regular Contributor

How long did it take you to achieve this score? My starting score is close to yours, just want to see how long it takes to get there!

Great work!

Starting Score:2/1/16 565
Current Score: 3/1/16 575
Lender Mid Score: 3/1/16 575

Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 10
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the congrats folks!

I began rebuilding the spring of 2010. It wass difficult plodding along with $300 limit cards and $79 annual fees, but over time as I crept toward 600 FICO scores I knew better things were in store.

As much as I hate to say this (because I have my issues with some of their policies), it was the Barclay Apple VISA that seemed to put my credit into the cusp of Primeville. They originally denied me (TU 616), but after a couple of recons, I found someone who took into account the entirety of my credit profile. My credit union, 3 Rivers in Fort Wayne, then gave me my best card to date...a rewards card that has a 5-star rating, a very low APR, no AF, and a very good opening CL.

Once I close on my house, Discover will complete my trifecta (Barclay Apple, 3 Rivers, Discover) and I'll be done applying for everything...that is, until my wife wants a Lowe's card to fix up the house Smiley Very Happy

Thanks again guys!

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have to say that it is a very big deal since you have a bk on your report so recently.  To pull your score up to 700 so quickly is a major accomplishment!  It truly makes me wonder what I could have accomplished with my score if I took it more seriously.

Someone fire up the 21 gun salute for the Crusader, the deserves it!

Message 7 of 10
AZHeather
Frequent Contributor

Congrats CreditCrusader!!  I know how you feel as I too just hit the 700 club today on 2 out of 3 reports (EX could be up there too, but tis a mystery!).  And I agree...this is the BEST forum/website!!

Good luck with the house hunting!!!Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 10
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have to say that it is a very big deal since you have a bk on your report so recently.  To pull your score up to 700 so quickly is a major accomplishment!  It truly makes me wonder what I could have accomplished with my score if I took it more seriously.

Someone fire up the 21 gun salute for the Crusader, the deserves it!

You're too kind, my friend. Thank you for the salute! Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 10
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@AZHeather wrote:

Congrats CreditCrusader!!  I know how you feel as I too just hit the 700 club today on 2 out of 3 reports (EX could be up there too, but tis a mystery!).  And I agree...this is the BEST forum/website!!

Good luck with the house hunting!!!Smiley Wink

Thank you, Heather. Congrats on hitting the 700 club!!! Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.