Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally made it to the 800 club

tag
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Re: Finally made it to the 800 club

@unc0mm0n1 wrote:

It feels good but I couldn't have done it without the tips and info I learned on this forum. 

Screenshot 2016-02-22 at 11.00.49 PM.png

Many congrats!! Im trying to break into the 700's club😕. I think I will be there in 6 months, and then I also see my entry into the 800's as 2020, when my BK falls off! Many congrats on a fine accomplishment!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 21 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome! That is my goal now. First to get my scores back to the high 700's where they were and then to 800 with at least one bureau. I admire everyone who has done this!

Message 22 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

It can easliy be done with persistence grill.. I was at 677 on 4-1-15. I broke 801 on 3-22-16. Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think that it is great that we all work diligently to bring our credit standings up to better our lives, but we need to understand how to maintain our good scores long term..Smiley Indifferent

Message 24 of 39
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

Looks great - Congrats.jpg..now the even harder part to keep it up there ..lol

Ain't that the truth.  Smiley Wink

Signature needs updating
Message 25 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL! Well, I contacted Experian to ask why I had my sudden 18 point drop today, eventhough I show a drop in credit usage. The rep kept telling me there are many factors in the credit score reporting and that she could not pinpoint why the points dropped. Wow... like I don't already know that...The only thing she could come up with is that I have $0 balances on 13 of my 14 retail/credit cards, which all of a sudden seems to be a bad thing. She said the score MAY have lowered because the credit bureau needs to see payment history, and since most are my cards are showing $0 balances, they have nothing to judge my payment tendecies on.. What about the 18.8 years in which I have maintained credit prior to May 2016??? She kept saying "the computers do all of the calculations". I asked her if I could hook an ethernet cable into my ear to the computer so I could ask it how it comes up with the scoring.. So..... It seems you need to have balances on your cards every month to put interest payments into the credit card pockets so that they can make money.. I think these people are in cahoots!! This credit system is a farce in my opinion..Smiley Mad

Message 26 of 39
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

LOL! Well, I contacted Experian to ask why I had my sudden 18 point drop today, eventhough I show a drop in credit usage. The rep kept telling me there are many factors in the credit score reporting and that she could not pinpoint why the points dropped. Wow... like I don't already know that...The only thing she could come up with is that I have $0 balances on 13 of my 14 retail/credit cards, which all of a sudden seems to be a bad thing. She said the score MAY have lowered because the credit bureau needs to see payment history, and since most are my cards are showing $0 balances, they have nothing to judge my payment tendecies on.. What about the 18.8 years in which I have maintained credit prior to May 2016??? She kept saying "the computers do all of the calculations". I asked her if I could hook an ethernet cable into my ear to the computer so I could ask it how it comes up with the scoring.. So..... It seems you need to have balances on your cards every month to put interest payments into the credit card pockets so that they can make money.. I think these people are in cahoots!! This credit system is a farce in my opinion..Smiley Mad

I wonder if it's possible that you got re-bucketed into a better segment? If so, maybe your getting primed for your scores to shoot up even higher. Maybe hitting 830's+? In the near future? That would be fantastic!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 27 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I appreciate your optimism, but I went ahead and paid to get my TU and EQ score earlier. All of them has dropped.. EX 790 from 808, EQ 803 from 833, and TU 799 from 819..Smiley Mad  I am very bitter and jaded at the moment. It is almost as if they are saying "oh oh, his score is geting a little too high, let's knock him down a notch, MUHUHAHAHAHAAAAAA!" I prefer to be in the lower bucket of score holders. I prefer just to top out there instead of being in a higher bucket and losing the gains that I have worked to hard to acheive..Smiley Mad

Message 28 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, this was a good lesson that shows that just $36 can make a mountain of difference. One of my BOA credit cards now show $36 balance. My EX score increased by 25 points up to 815! So now we all know that $0 balances on your credit card(s) is actually a very bad thing. Smiley Happy

Message 29 of 39
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, this was a good lesson that shows that just $36 can make a mountain of difference. One of my BOA credit cards now show $36 balance. My EX score increased by 25 points up to 815! So now we all  [I] know that $0 balances on your credit card(s) is actually a very bad thing. Smiley Happy

A lot of "we all" already knew that a 20 to 30 point ding on score is common if zero cards report a balance.Smiley Wink  Nonetheless, it's nice to get another data point.

Thanks for the update.

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 30 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.