Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerhut Saying payment is late help?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fingerhut Saying payment is late help?!

Hello all,

Last month my balance was 0$ when the statement cut so I did not owe a payment. My statment cuts on the 19th of every month. Since I did not buy anything last statment I purchased something on 5/29 for 13.99$ After the statement cut on 5/19/16......... My statement just cut yesterday; however in my account it is saying that my payment is late?; and also stating that my payment is due on 6/15/16.... How is this possible? My last statement was 0$  which caused my account to read no payment due; until today when it says my minimum due is 6.99$ and that it was due on 6/15/16? But last month's statment said 0$ due on 6/15/16.... What do I do? This will screw up my credit report for years, and I do not understand how they can make this statements payment's due date 6/15/16 when that is 4 days before this months statement cut?

Regards

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fingerhut Saying payment is late help?!

So you're saying it is past the 30 days late?  I have read a couple of my statements the same way and make a payment as I'm not sure what the heck they're doing.  I would definitely contact them in the am and explain what you seen and how they came to that conclusion.  And also ask if they would delete if it was past 30 days.  That would be a *&^%$. I would not give up trying.  EVER.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So you're saying it is past the 30 days late?  I have read a couple of my statements the same way and make a payment as I'm not sure what the heck they're doing.  I would definitely contact them in the am and explain what you seen and how they came to that conclusion.  And also ask if they would delete if it was past 30 days.  That would be a *&^%$. I would not give up trying.  EVER.

It is 4 days late accoridng to them(except the account showed no payment due until this morning); I have no clue what they are doing! I emailed customer service, if I call I am sure I will go off. To accuse me of being late; when my statement stated that I owed them 0$ is foolish! I am sorry that they are screwing your account up also... I always log in the day after the statment cuts and pay them the minimum; thats how I figured out that I magically owed them $6.99 and that it was due by 6/15/16 when the statement stated I owed them 0$ by 6/15/16.......

Message 3 of 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

What to do is simple.

File a formal dispute under the Fair Credit Billing Act within 60 days of the billing related issue.

The FTC web page provides a summary of rights under the FCBA along with info on how to dispute.

Message 4 of 11
RonM21
Valued Contributor

A the least, call and find out what is going on, if you're sure there is a discrepancy.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 11
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Call when you're calm and don't wait on email.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why would he file a dispute? He hasn't even talked to Fingerhut yet and he didn't say that it was showing on his report.

OP, I'm sure it's just a simple billing error. Just contact Fingerhut and explain it to them. They should fix it no problem. Make sure you don't "go off" on them as that probably won't help anything and the CSR didn't mess up your account personally.
Message 7 of 11
Berk
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It is 4 days late accoridng to them(except the account showed no payment due until this morning); I have no clue what they are doing! I emailed customer service, if I call I am sure I will go off. To accuse me of being late; when my statement stated that I owed them 0$ is foolish! I am sorry that they are screwing your account up also... I always log in the day after the statment cuts and pay them the minimum; thats how I figured out that I magically owed them $6.99 and that it was due by 6/15/16 when the statement stated I owed them 0$ by 6/15/16.......

If its only 4 days late you have nothing to worry about. Call and find out what is going on and if you do owe money you still have plenty of time to pay it. It won't report until it is 30 days past due. 

If credit scores were affected every time I was a day, a week, or two weeks late, I would have the worst scores on this forum!

Message 8 of 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I was not referring to a dispute of credit reporting under the FCRA, I was referring to a dispute of a billing issue, which is provided for under the FCBA.

FCBA disputes are specifically for billing related matters on credit cards, and are sent directly to the creditor.

Due to the 60-day timeliness requriment imposed on consumers for FCBA disputes, waiting for informal responses may not be wise.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahh...Thanks for the clarification. Guess I just read it too fast, didnt realize it said billing act. Sorry bout that.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.