Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Consumer National Bank and Midland CA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Consumer National Bank and Midland CA

Here is something interesting I found out....FCNB filed Chapter 7. Bankruptcy on March 11, 2003...closing website, address, everything. It totally explains why I never got answers from letters I sent after the CSR gave me such a hard time when I asked for help when I had hit financial difficulties. My limit was $250 and the late fees and overlimit fee made it beyond for me to deal with. I never received anything notifying me of the bankruptcy...never even received statements. It wasn't until I ran my CR 2 weeks ago, did I see the Midland CA for the FCNB. So tell me, is there anything I can do to help this go away?? Do I still send a DV? Can I at least dispute this on EQ since they have both FCNB and Midland listed under accounts? I mean, how can I pay a company that doesn't even exist anymore?

Message Edited by vesper on 04-03-2008 04:06 PM
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: First Consumer National Bank and Midland CA

I think FCNB is still around. They call DW daily for an 8 yr. old debt. I recently disputed the CRAs (2) on that fact and they verified it. Soon thereafter, the calls came for 2-3x daily. I can't do anything about FNCB because it is Allied that is reporting, so I never bothered with a DV.

I would DV them again CMRRR based on the address in your CR.

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think they are....I found another woman's thread on here about FCNB and she had the same problem and this was in 2007. Even if you google them, their website doesn't come up. They must've sold your account to a CA and that is who is calling you.
Message 3 of 15
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

The phone number came from 775-322-0444. I'll look that up now.....

Message 4 of 15
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Could we be talking to two different companies...First National Collection Bureau. Is this the same?
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

NoSmiley Happy It isn't the same. The credit card company is First Consumer National Bank. The CA is Midland. Thanks for response anyway! I'm so vexed about this one and what to do.
Message 6 of 15
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

vesper wrote:
NoSmiley Happy It isn't the same. The credit card company is First Consumer National Bank. The CA is Midland. Thanks for response anyway! I'm so vexed about this one and what to do.

My bad. Too many acronyms.
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

775-322-0444  this phone # is in Reno,NV

Keep you CR handy....dispute the reporting from the OC (FCNB) and dispute it  *not mine*   If it comes back verified......send the OC letter to the address on your CR   CMRRR

If they are OOB  it should be returned not deliverable........then you dispute CRAs  sending copies of OC letter  Cert paper and GG......delete    That is IF they are still reporting

Keep in mind SOL

i would do that before DV  the CA

Sound like they are OOB and the CAs are selling the debt to each other.

You can DV the CA   If it is past SOL  it can't hurt.

Message Edited by HappyDays on 04-03-2008 06:00 PM

Message Edited by HappyDays on 04-03-2008 06:03 PM
Message 8 of 15
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

HappyDays wrote:
775-322-0444  this phone # is in Reno,NV

No, I got confused too. There is a difference between FNCB and FCNB. One's a CA (FNCB at the Reno address) and the other is FCNB (the defunct CC OC).

I did look around for FCNB. I guess they went belly up around 2002 or 2003. One day they cancelled their website and laid off most of their workforce. They then sent postcards to each customer stating they could only use their card for 30 more days. Then poof, they were gone. Went to Bankruptcy Court but I don't know what happened from there. I did find a 3rd party claiming they can give you access to your account and allow you to make payments. I'd post that, but I don't trust it, IMO.

I would DV too.
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!! I will keep you posted on what happens!
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.