Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First USA bank

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First USA bank

Hello nice people,

Anyone have a e-mail address to the below? they just slapped an inquiry on Equifax and I have no idea who they are.

I wrote letter but would like to e-mail them chop chop.

dropped my score 15 points with equifax. Me NOT happy.

FIRST USA BANK
800 Brooksedge Blvd, 
Mailstop OH1-0552, 
Westerville,  OH 430812895  

Thanks all.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Scamp
Valued Contributor

Re: First USA bank

I don't have an email addy, but if it helps any in IDing them, FirstUSA = Chase.  Smiley Happy

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Scamp,

I did ask for credit increase with Chase, so now I am okay.

Thanks

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the exact same inquiry on my Credit Report.  They have no website.  I have never had any business dealings with Chase, either.

Does anyone have any additional information on this Firts USA Bank organization?

Message 4 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Chase apps show up as First USA.

Are you sure that you've never applied for any sort of Chase product? (Kohl's card, Southwest Airlines, Freedom, etc.)

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 7
GregB
Valued Contributor

First USA became part of Bank One, which merged with Chase.

My First USA CC became Bank One in 2003, statements started showing Chase Bank One in 2005. CC now just says Chase.

Hauling, Kohls credit became Chase a few years ago then recently they switched to CapOne.

Message 6 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@GregB wrote:

First USA became part of Bank One, which merged with Chase.

My First USA CC became Bank One in 2003, statements started showing Chase Bank One in 2005. CC now just says Chase.

Hauling, Kohls credit became Chase a few years ago then recently they switched to CapOne.

Yes, I remember reading that, but I figured if OP was looking at older inqs on a report, it might have been from back when they were with Chase. Smiley Wink

At any rate, it's easy to app for something without realizing who the underlying bank is...

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.