Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First pre-approval in YEARS!

tag
torry590
Regular Contributor

First pre-approval in YEARS!

I ruined my credit when I was younger, it got really bad and finally ended in 2013, I opted out and didn't look at my CR until I started rebuilding late 2015, I have a car loan that has been on time, and all the cards/Student loans that are in my siggy.  

After opting in in November I still was not getting ANYTHING, not even a successful SCT.  I opted in again but this time I did NOT put my middle initial, and sure enough got my first pre qual today.  It was from iLoan, apparently they are owned by springleaf financial.  Not planning on accepting (Up to $7,000), but it is nice to finally have someone say hey, we want your business and are not completely scared of your credit anymore lol. Smiley LOL

As of 5/2021 EX8: 616 | TU8: 665 | EQ8: 662
First Premier $700 | Capital One Secured $500 | Discover It $1,000 (formerly secured)
Capital One Quicksilver $400 | Credit One Platinum $300 | Victoria's Secret $200
Express Next $500 | Williams Sonoma Store $400 | Brylane Home $250 | Chime Credit Builder NPSL
Walmart World Mastercard $300 | Aspire Mastercard $500 | Cerulean Mastercard $750
CFNA Bosch Car Care $800 | First Premier no AF $700 | Avant Mastercard $300 no AF
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First pre-approval in YEARS!

Congrats! I get them but by mail it's companies I run from lol 

Message 2 of 6
torry590
Regular Contributor

Sorry forgot to mention that I received this offer by mail. I have never gotten an offer by email, but here is hoping for the future.
First Premier $700 | Capital One Secured $500 | Discover It $1,000 (formerly secured)
Capital One Quicksilver $400 | Credit One Platinum $300 | Victoria's Secret $200
Express Next $500 | Williams Sonoma Store $400 | Brylane Home $250 | Chime Credit Builder NPSL
Walmart World Mastercard $300 | Aspire Mastercard $500 | Cerulean Mastercard $750
CFNA Bosch Car Care $800 | First Premier no AF $700 | Avant Mastercard $300 no AF
Message 3 of 6
Appleman
Valued Contributor

To clarify, it it pre-qualified or pre-approved? There is a subtle but important difference.

Congrats on getting to a score where you are receiving offers. You don't always have to go to the dance but it is nice to be asked.

As your socres are improving you could always check with lenders like Prosper.com, LendingClub.com, Capitalone pre-qualify and Capital one pre-qualify auto finance. All of these sites only do an initial SP (soft pull) so there is no effect on your credit. 

Great job on the improvements!

Message 4 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Did the offer indicate that it was being made as a result of a listing obtained from a CRA?

Those are "firm offers for credit" under the FCRA, and are based on an actual screening of your credit file against pre-specified criteria submitted by the creditor to the CRA,

Message 5 of 6
torry590
Regular Contributor

It was a "firm offer of credit" it stated so on the back. Also language about how to opt out.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.