Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time over 700!!! (temporarily)

tag
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: First time over 700!!! (temporarily)

Hip Hip Hooray OP. Job well done. And as everyone else has said, what a great motivator this is. Keep up the good work! As you have learned, patience, persistence, and time pay huge dividends. We dont know you but we're all still proud of your accomplishment to reach your goal. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 11 of 19
donkort
Valued Contributor

Congratulations.  This is only a prelude to things to come....

FICO 8: EQ 810; TU 816; EX 822 as of 7/5/2022
Message 12 of 19
FirstAscent
Regular Contributor

Thanks so much everyone! Yeah it still feels really good even knowing it'll drop soon. But it's a more "healthy" drop as in since it's just utilization it's an easy fix that doesn't stay with you, like a late payment etc. 

And as I mentioned earlier just KNOWING now what it can be with my current file is pretty awesome. I was hoping for 690-700 so being around 715 is so awesome! 

It's funny how a credit score can be motivating to pay down debt quicker. And I'm competitive so that pushes me more too haha.

honestly if I was already at 720 or so and with higher utilization I probably wouldn't pay down my debt AS fast, especially since I just did the 1.99% for 12 months balance transfer. But now I'm considering paying about $4k to the NFCU card which would bring it to under 68.9%

i only wanted to do $2k but I don't want my score to drop as much now haha Smiley Happy

Current Score: EQ 708 | TU ??? | EX 714
Score highs: EQ 715 | TU 704 | EX 718 (02/2020)
Starting Score: EQ 616 | TU 614 | EX 585 (02/18/2018)
Goal Score: 740
Message 13 of 19
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

Congrats!  Keep up the great work! 

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your accomplishments consistency is key!!! Try not to charge anything else on the new NFCU card till you bring the debt down. Good luck and keep that score soaring high.
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats on getting all 3 scores to 700, op!

i have one more thing left on my TU that i need to take care of and hopefully i can be there too.

Message 16 of 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

ShibbySmiley Happy

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Much better than what I did when I got my Amex Blue Cash Everyday. I did a balance transfer, but I also transferred thousands of dollars of spending limit off another Amex,. so my utilization went up and total service level went down for two months till the new card reported.

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!! That is my goal as well and I know ot feels great to have made it to this point. I had a increase of 28 points 2 days ago and did the happy dance in the parking lot .

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.