Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixing Disputes, How often are updates?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fixing Disputes, How often are updates?

Sorry if this of a stupid question but I’m new to taking care of my credit honestly.
In the last two months, I’ve done a bunch for my credit.
I got rid of some debt, paid off some cards, lowered my overall utilization and even got a new card.
However, there was a late payment on my record and I just handled it today.
I’ve been looking at my credit score and I just wanted to know how often scores get updated from each bureau? Also, if I pay a missed payment and fix things- do I have to contact any company to say that issue was resolved ? Or will That company tell the credit bureaus?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Fixing Disputes, How often are updates?

@Anonymous wrote:
Sorry if this of a stupid question but I’m new to taking care of my credit honestly.
In the last two months, I’ve done a bunch for my credit.
I got rid of some debt, paid off some cards, lowered my overall utilization and even got a new card.
However, there was a late payment on my record and I just handled it today.
I’ve been looking at my credit score and I just wanted to know how often scores get updated from each bureau? Also, if I pay a missed payment and fix things- do I have to contact any company to say that issue was resolved ? Or will That company tell the credit bureaus?

What score service are you using?

You do not need to contact anyone about the fixed problem they will see it on the next monthly pull that they do. Only time you would contact a lender about a correction is if you were denied credit based on it, you have it fixed and want the app reconsidered. Welcome to myFico Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Typically there will be updates in about 45 days or so.

Message 3 of 4
omgitsMatt
Frequent Contributor

I disputed a few things the last few days. Simple stuff, like spelling mistakes on names I'm supposed to be know by, phone numbers reported and addresses.

I disputed two AU accounts I want off my profile completely too.

Transunion did it in less than two hours and it updated too, I was shocked.

Experian I'm still waiting on, but two out of six disputes with them have been resolved. The other four are still pending, been two days so total so far, can take up to 30. Its probably the AU accounts that will take longest.

Equifax was the most tedious. Only finally did that today. So we'll see.

Set in stone policy is 30 days or less. More complicated stuff can take almost the entire month.

Other times, they blow you away with a turn over of 1hr like Transunion. I was floored. I pulled my report right after too and it was already accurate.

So if it takes all 4 weeks to win, you should see an update a month or more at the worst

Sometimes quicker
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.