cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For Amex Delta Skymiles Card Holders.....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

For Amex Delta Skymiles Card Holders.....

This makes no sense.....but who cares! For anyone interested:

Amex denied my CLI request to bump to $2500 on my Delta card. So I did a little investigating and determined that the liklihood of getting a Starwood or Hilton was pretty good as an existing cardholder. So I gave it a shot and they just approved me for the Hilton HHonors Platinum Amex with an initial $5K limit. Go figure. So I guess it's true....once you have your foot in the door it opens easier.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: For Amex Delta Skymiles Card Holders.....

Yep.. and unlike the Delta, CLIs with the Hilton do not require 30 days. Many have doubled or tripled their limit with ease.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I  request a CLI for Delta and was told on the phone that it would take 7-10 days for response. When i signed up for online banking, i hit the CLI button and requested the same amount and got the same response...Do ya'll think i just triggered a F/R by requesting CLI twice within a week period?
Message 3 of 10
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Irvin wrote:
I  request a CLI for Delta and was told on the phone that it would take 7-10 days for response. When i signed up for online banking, i hit the CLI button and requested the same amount and got the same response...Do ya'll think i just triggered a F/R by requesting CLI twice within a week period?

Doubtful.. Just wait a couple of months before trying again.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup. I am planning on doing so in December now. I am just using the Delta to get an airline ticket. Will pay it double the minimun each month until i hit a balance close to 0. Hopefully that can help me get a CLI.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quick question.  I am about to attempt applying for one of the Amex cards but have forgotten which one to try first, the Delta Miles or HiltonHonors.  I am a member of HHonors and have gotten notices from them for this card, as well as the Starwood.  My EX is 643 and EQ is 630.  I have a couple of past CO but they are over 3 and 4 years old.  No lates within the past year.

Thanks for your suggestions.
Message 6 of 10
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

ddivaqt wrote:
Quick question.  I am about to attempt applying for one of the Amex cards but have forgotten which one to try first, the Delta Miles or HiltonHonors.  I am a member of HHonors and have gotten notices from them for this card, as well as the Starwood.  My EX is 643 and EQ is 630.  I have a couple of past CO but they are over 3 and 4 years old.  No lates within the past year.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Not sure it matters.. but people seem to be doing Delta first.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applyed for the Delta Gold, and got a "processing" message.  Applied for the delta platinum a few minutes later, and was approved instantly for $1K CL.  Two days later, got my approval for the Gold at $1K CL.  Was denied for the CLI at activation due to my score being too low for a CLI.  Only EX was pulled, and my score is 615.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would say apply for the Delta first as Tuscani suggested. I believe it's the easiest to qualify for. Get your foot in the door, wait a month, then try for the HHonors Platinum. Worked for me at least.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I would say apply for the Delta first as Tuscani suggested. I believe it's the easiest to qualify for. Get your foot in the door, wait a month, then try for the HHonors Platinum. Worked for me at least.

Thank you all for your response. I am going to attempt the Gold Delta first. I also saw that The Nest (a Knot spin-off) has a card for newlyweds and it seems from the reviews that I got from debt smart website thinks that it may be obtainable for those of us with average scores...

The Nest Credit Card from American Express® is designed for newlyweds with average credit who would like a reward card that provides special offers and discounts to couples that are beginning their life together.Through the reward program, cardholders earn one point for every dollar they spend on the card. Additional cards held by the cardholder's spouse and family members are eligible to earn points as well. Cardholders will receive 5,000 bonus points after their first purchase and 10,000 points every year that they spend over $15,000 on the card. There is no limit to the amount of points that can be earned, and points can be redeemed for travel, entertainment, shopping, and more.After they are approved, cardholders will receive The Nest Planning Kit to help organize and manage their home expenses and joint finances. The card also offers discounts and special offers at The Nest and its retail partners.This card provides standard benefits and services commonly found with American Express® credit cards, such as auto rental insurance, a purchase protection plan, various travel and emergency assistance services, and up to $100,000 in travel accident insurance.There is no annual fee, and the APR for purchases and balance transfers is reasonably low for a reward card.Therefore, those who plan to take advantage of the reward program, the special offers and discounts, and the various services provided will benefit most from what The Nest Credit Card from American Express® has to offer.

Message Edited by ddivaqt on 06-21-2007 04:05 PM

Message Edited by ddivaqt on 06-21-2007 04:06 PM
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.