cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For those who have been recently appproved for the AMEX Delta...

tag
Cory
Established Contributor

Re: For those who have been recently appproved for the AMEX Delta...

Tuscani wrote:

Irvin wrote:
HAHA. Nah man. I am done applying for credit until 2008 when i plan on buying a car.

I am going on a strike against applying for new credit now.  That's it.

Cmon.. you know you want to. Smiley Happy

Don't worry, his card is coming in the mail. He will take you out to lunch for informing him about the offer. I think hes taking you to Elephant Bar.Smiley Wink

Cory

Message 11 of 104
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you're given a very low initial cl, how much of a cli should you ask for?
Message 12 of 104
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

KDM wrote:
If you're given a very low initial cl, how much of a cli should you ask for?

No need to ask over the phone.. Just use the CLI button on their website.. just don't fill out the form.

Message Edited by Tuscani on 06-08-2007 11:03 AM
Message 13 of 104
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was having a major anxiety attack about applying for this in seeing that it was a Platinum Card.  This is probably the card I'd rather have as I use Hilton quite frequently.  So I'm happy to say they did approve me.  $2100 limit.  After being treated like a leper just three years ago it's hard to believe Amex thinks I am worthly of $6500 worth of credit.   Thanks Tuscani!  I appreciate all your help.
Message 14 of 104
Anonymous
Not applicable

My niece just got the Delta Amex card with a 1,000 cl (her first card!)  How much of a cli should she put when she clicks the CLI request and they want to know how much your requesting?  2,000?  3,000?  More?  Less?
Message 15 of 104
Anonymous
Not applicable

No dice - "American Express risk acquisition score is too low".

So I will have to be content with my 10K Delta - still the biggest CC I have ever owned.

Also, does AMEX look favorably if you make nice sized payments? I have 8000 in BT - minimum payment is 2% or $160. I have budgeted $500/month to pay this off. Should this help? Do CC issuers in general like larger payments or will I be a "Deadbeat" in their eyes because I am responsible?

Message 16 of 104
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

princessofpink wrote:
I was having a major anxiety attack about applying for this in seeing that it was a Platinum Card.  This is probably the card I'd rather have as I use Hilton quite frequently.  So I'm happy to say they did approve me.  $2100 limit.  After being treated like a leper just three years ago it's hard to believe Amex thinks I am worthly of $6500 worth of credit.   Thanks Tuscani!  I appreciate all your help.

YAY!!!!!!
Message 17 of 104
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

KDM wrote:
My niece just got the Delta Amex card with a 1,000 cl (her first card!)  How much of a cli should she put when she clicks the CLI request and they want to know how much your requesting?  2,000?  3,000?  More?  Less?

You don't put anything in.. it will present you with a new CL automatically.
Message 18 of 104
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Phouchg wrote:
No dice - "American Express risk acquisition score is too low".

So I will have to be content with my 10K Delta - still the biggest CC I have ever owned.

Also, does AMEX look favorably if you make nice sized payments? I have 8000 in BT - minimum payment is 2% or $160. I have budgeted $500/month to pay this off. Should this help? Do CC issuers in general like larger payments or will I be a "Deadbeat" in their eyes because I am responsible?

All CCC like nice sized payments. Smiley Happy The trick with AMEX is to carry low balances. You do not want a FR.
Message 19 of 104
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I did the online cli request for my Blue, it asked me how much of a cl I was requesting.  Isn't it the same for the Delta?  I asked for a specific amount and was approved.
Message 20 of 104
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.