Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud alert on TU

tag
RUSTY101
Regular Contributor

Fraud alert on TU

I tried to do an online dispute with tu yesterday. It would not let me, so I called. They said they could not let me because I have a fraud alert on my file since 2006. I said why, I never asked for it to be put on. I could not understand how it got there or what to do about it. Could someone tell me if this is bad, how it got there, if I can have it removed, does it hurt my c. score, and if it could be the reason I get declined on credit cards?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fraud alert on TU

rusty, this happens more then you know.  IF you have a fax   send a short letter telling them that you never ask for the alert and that you do not want it.....remove it  ASAP>

Along with the letter  send  drivers license....SS card AND  a copy of a bank statment or something that shows your name & address.....a copt of CR is good.

IF you can not fax   mail CMRRR  or overnight.....which ever is easier.  Please reword this as you want.    What I wrote is just what needs to be said.....I stink at wording.

At the same time you can also dispute all at 1 time.........     

MY son had 1 put on after a simple dispute   he didn't want it.....he called and told them to remove it....they did BUT it took 3 months/

Message Edited by HappyDays on 03-04-2008 11:34 AM

Message Edited by HappyDays on 03-04-2008 11:35 AM
Message 2 of 4
RUSTY101
Regular Contributor

Thank you very much! Do you think it has any thing to do with being declined? I will sent letter out
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

My DH  has a fraid alert on his account and I have never had a problem BUT I can't remember who I was disputing with.....I usually dispute by fax
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.