Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud on Avant

tag
Meach7
New Contributor

Re: Fraud on Avant

It definitely has to be. I thought PF may be Planet fitness, but the cities in Idaho mine says dont have a PF except one. Then I thought PF chang but again no locations. Maybe People Finder? 

Either way if you google the name with the city I found most of those people are real and live in that city. 

I tried over the course of the day for hours, but no luck getting through. I think they're literally ignoring everyone until they figure out what will cause them the least damage.

Message 11 of 28
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@Meach7 wrote:

Has anyone had any dealings with Avant when it comes to fraudulent charges. I had 7 charges for $95 pop up this weekend and locked the card this morning when I saw. I also called and the first person kept putting me on hold, then gave me another number to call and said give them my full social security number. I said that sounded suspicious and he said he would transfer me instead and that I could give them just the last 4. I intended to close the card this month actually.

The charges are all PF-Someone random's name and a city in Idaho. 

PF-BRITTNEY BURT POCATELLO ID

@Meach7  The issues with the Customer Service Reps that people are experiencing are Worse than the Fraud Charges. Fraud charges pop up on cards all the time but are usual handled pretty well.

From the sound of it Avant may well be overwhelmed with a breach of some sort and it may be in other customers best interest to lock their cards until it is resolved.  I know I just did.

Message 12 of 28
Meach7
New Contributor

@Iusedtolurk Very True, the reps are not handling this well. I locked my card Monday morning, but the charges all seemed to hit at the same time over the weekend. When I login now it says my account is locked altogether too. Still can't get through on the phone to that specific department, but hopefully they'll come up with a resolution soon.

Message 13 of 28
Greenivy
New Contributor

I have this card, and just checked to make sure that there were no charges.  I also locked it.  Thanks for making this thread.

Message 14 of 28
Meach7
New Contributor

Got an email from CFPB who says that Avant is working on a solution. Also got this email from Avant: 

Avant.png

Message 15 of 28
Jesse1043
New Visitor

Yes, me!! I had multiple charges and still fighting for one more to get off. Of course it's the $250 one. It's not even on any of my statements the $250 charge, but it's in my balance due . When I call they keep saying they'll work on it & do absolutely nothing . It's had to be something else I can do . This is so messed up . Horrible customer service . Keep in mind they're charging me super high interest on that $250. I can spit fire right now. Obviously, they keep getting hacked & don't give a **bleep** about these charges that clearly wasn't made by me . 

Message 16 of 28
Jesse1043
New Visitor

OMG!! Thanks so much!! 

Message 17 of 28
CrSter

With most credit cards, you may not dispute charges until they settle.  If they appear as authorizations only, nothing you may do about them yet unless the card co. itself contacts you to verify or dispute the charges, such as via a phone call or email.

But, you may report the card as lost/stolen and thereby block any further charges on the account.

In other words, I wouldn't waste my time trying to deal with the "fraud department" over authorizations only.  I'd just report the card as lost/stolen and wait until the charges settle.

Message 18 of 28
teekay629
New Contributor

I had this too! I did not call right away as I was on vacation when it happened. I did not have to wait long on hold when I did call. I always laugh when they "verify" you did not make the charges and I am like "I could not possibly have been all set over the state in one day." 😂

The lady was like "okay, we will send out a new card." I was like umm, what about the charges?! I could care less about having a new card than I can having to be liable for $300 that I did not charge. Then she told me how she opened the case and someone will be in touch if they need more information. Basically a waiting game, but I saw the charges and interest removed so that is good!

Also trying to figure out how in the day and age, you can not dispute anything online like every other place!

Message 19 of 28
Jesse1043
New Visitor

It has to be something we can do. This is so wrong & illegal. Horrible company 

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.