Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud on Avant

tag
Jesse1043
New Visitor

Re: Fraud on Avant

I had the same one. Took all the charges off except one of them ($250 charge). This is so illegal. Every time I call they tell they're looking into it, but never due. 

Message 21 of 28
Jesse1043
New Visitor

THE REPS ARE HORRIBLE & don't care because it's no their money. I smell  big lawsuit coming 

Message 22 of 28
BuckyB
New Contributor

Whatever happened with this?

Message 23 of 28
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Welcome @BuckyB 

I'll ping @Meach7 to see what happened. They were here in Sept. But the thread is over a year old.

Message 24 of 28
Meach7
New Contributor

Avant continued to show the charges into September. They responded to the CFPB complaint with letters saying I was just upset that I couldn't reach them and that they had already taken action. That card was replaced with a new one, and the online portal updated with the new card.  They started showing a charge on the new card as an account transfer. They essentially said their hands were tied until i resolved the cfpb complaint. So I did the closing survey from the CFPB complaint and marked my issue resolved, and sure enough they removed it. Kinda felt like I was being bought off.

I closed the account as soon as they reversed that balance, but it showed I had full available credit and didn't update on my reports as closed until 2023. I got random interest charges, then credits until Jan when it finally said closed when I logged in. I still got statement emails every month until May when It reported I had an account credit for -6.50 and that became the balance even as it sits closed now. 

Message 25 of 28
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Meach7 wrote:

Avant continued to show the charges into September. They responded to the CFPB complaint with letters saying I was just upset that I couldn't reach them and that they had already taken action. That card was replaced with a new one, and the online portal updated with the new card.  They started showing a charge on the new card as an account transfer. They essentially said their hands were tied until i resolved the cfpb complaint. So I did the closing survey from the CFPB complaint and marked my issue resolved, and sure enough they removed it. Kinda felt like I was being bought off.

I closed the account as soon as they reversed that balance, but it showed I had full available credit and didn't update on my reports as closed until 2023. I got random interest charges, then credits until Jan when it finally said closed when I logged in. I still got statement emails every month until May when It reported I had an account credit for -6.50 and that became the balance even as it sits closed now. 

Thanks for coming back to answer @Meach7 !

Message 26 of 28
BuckyB
New Contributor

Thank you for your answer. I was thinking of opening an Avant card and hadn't seen many threads on them anywhere and wanted to know how they solved that and it doesn't like they solved it very well... Makes me wonder if I should just stay away.

Message 27 of 28
markbeiser
Established Contributor

Well this makes me happy that I closed my account a couple of months ago!

Back to gardening until Late February 2025.

Current FICO8:
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.