cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Experian FICO from Discover (Everyone, not just cardholders.)

tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Free Experian FICO from Discover (Everyone, not just cardholders.)

https://creditscorecard.com/registration

Credit Scorecard Information: Credit Scorecard is provided by Discover Bank, and includes a FICO® Credit Score and other credit information. Credit Scorecard information is based on data from Experian and may differ from credit scores and credit information provided by other credit bureaus. This information is provided to you at no cost and with your consent. You must be 18 years old and a U.S. resident or a resident of America Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico or the Virgin Islands. Your Credit Scorecard will be refershed the later of every 30 days or the next time you log in to Credit Scorecard. Discover and other lenders may use different inputs, such as a FICO® Credit Score, other credit scores and more information in credit decisions. This product may change or end in the future. FICO is a registered trademark of the Fair Isaac Corporaiton in the United Sates and other countries.

Very interesting and a good thing on Discover's part.. if this has already been posted please let me or any other mod know so that it can be merged where it needs to be.. if it's  not a duplicate, then everyone please enjoy a free Experian FICO. Smiley Wink 

Message 1 of 74
73 REPLIES 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Free Experian FICO from Discover (Everyone, not just cardholders.)

Seem like a really smart move from Discover.  They can have direct access to the users they want to have using their cards...lol!!

Message 2 of 74
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Nice Smiley Happy

Thanks

Message 3 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried to apply myself, and it said they had a problem.  Could it be due to my CRA's frozen?  I thought freezing your credit wouldn't prevent you from siging up for credit monitoring?  Are they HP'ing everyone for this service lol.....

Message 4 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazing stuff from Discover. Now if they would do the same for equifax Man Tongue 

Credit reports should be free.

Message 5 of 74
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I tried to apply myself, and it said they had a problem.  Could it be due to my CRA's frozen?  I thought freezing your credit wouldn't prevent you from siging up for credit monitoring?  Are they HP'ing everyone for this service lol.....

FWIW, back when I had my files frozen I couldn't get on Credit Karma, either.  Possibly this is the same?

(sorry I don't have more useful info to add)

Message 6 of 74
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

FWIW, back when I had my files frozen I couldn't get on Credit Karma, either.  Possibly this is the same?

(sorry I don't have more useful info to add)

You could easily THAW long enough to get it and then you can refreeze again after if you like. Smiley Happy

Finally!! A genuine FICO 8 Experian AND TransUnion. Thanks DISCOVER!

Message 7 of 74
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I just gave it a try... it works like a charm!  Smiley Very Happy

Now I won't have to be held 'hostage' to Amex updating the score on their site.  Smiley Frustrated

Thanks, Kenny!  wavey_zps81xnuobx.gif

Message 8 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the heads up on this Kenny.

Works great; just pulled the exact same score today from Discover that I pulled from CCT yesterday so it's definitely accurate.

A little interesting how they sort of break down the criteria where it shows my payment history as very good and "0 accounts late" but that's just sort of surface fluff, as if you click on it you find that the previous statement was only referring to your last year (I have some lates scattered about that are over a year old).  Then when I click on the score it references lates/serious delinquency as a reason why my score isn't better than it is.

I'm not big into the "fluff" that is provided by any credit sites; I'm more just about the score and the information on accounts when you pull them up.  All of the other charts, graphs, recommendations, etc... the "fluff" as I put it, is sort of meaningless anyway.

Message 9 of 74
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Seems like having the credit reports frozen prevents you from creating an account. I had the same issue.

While it's odd for Discover, it's not unheard of. Credit Sesame couldn't pull my reports through a freeze. Credit Karma worked fine.

I could potentially unfreeze my reports to create the account but I don't know if it's going to need me to keep unfreezing every time I want a score.

Ah, well!
Message 10 of 74
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.