Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Monthly Credit Reports

tag
yapsalot
Regular Contributor

Free Monthly Credit Reports

I signed up with Experian's Credit Works a year or two ago and got all three credit reports. It was a paid monthly subscription service. I cancelled it after a few months. Later, I was pleasantly surprised that I could return to the site and get a free report, Experian only, on a regular basis, even though I was no longer a paid subscriber. When I log in, the site asks if I want to upgrade or stay with my free subscription and I just say stay with the free subscription.

I think it updates two or three times a month, and I'm certain it updates at least once a month.

Does anyone know if there is a similar service available for TransUnion or Equifax? That is a service that lets you get reports for free after ending a paid subscription?

Yapsalot
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Free Monthly Credit Reports

Credit Karma will give you your TU and EQ reports for free, with full updates as often as once every 7 days. 

Karma has never offered a paid subscription, but I am guessing that that this is not actually an important thing to you.  I.e. you just want a free place to get credit reports -- it doesn't have to be a place that you originally paid them money.

You should ignore Karma's summary page as it touches age as well as Karma's scores.  The actual reports themselves are great.

Message 2 of 12
yapsalot
Regular Contributor

Thanks Creditguy! I forgot about Credit Karma.

Yapsalot
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's also worth noting that many CK members get updated TU & EQ reports even more often than every 7 days.  Many report that simple changes their reports (such as a reported balance change) results in a new/updated CR, which means you may actually see updates more often than every 7 days.

From the middle to the end of each month it's not uncommon for me to see CK report updates every 3-4 days, as during that 2 week span or so I'm constantly having changes to my reported balances.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Karma doesn NOT give true FICO scores, just the Vantage 3.0 algorithm

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Credit Karma doesn NOT give true FICO scores, just the Vantage 3.0 algorithm

Yup.  That's certainly true.

But our OP isn't asking about a place to get scores.  He's just looking for reports.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you sign up for Trueidentity by TU, you will get free TU daily report update plus free TU credit lock.

Message 7 of 12
yapsalot
Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone. Oldman87's suggestion of TrueIdenty looks good but the website says it cant process a request now. So will try it later.

Yapsalot
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

WalletHub is my go-to for daily updates.

Daily updates to your TU report at 6AM for free. 

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BrutalBodyShots, I'm sorry, but is it true FICO score?

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.