Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free credit report?

tag
gramps1968
New Contributor

Free credit report?

I was just curious about the free credit report we are allowed to receive each year. Do we get one from each of the 3 agencies or just one copy from our choice of one of the three? Also can we receive a paper copy of these or are they only available online(my printer just bought it)?
04/08/2013 TU 659 EQ 661

Goal score: 700
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Free credit report?

gramps1968 wrote:
I was just curious about the free credit report we are allowed to receive each year. Do we get one from each of the 3 agencies or just one copy from our choice of one of the three? Also can we receive a paper copy of these or are they only available online(my printer just bought it)?

You can receive one per year from each CRA.  You can request to have a paper copy mailed to you, if you would like.

The site for your free annual credit reports is www.annualcreditreport.com

Message 2 of 7
smallfry
Senior Contributor

You are also entitled to a free report when you dispute a tradeline or if you are denied credit or a CLI from a lender. Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 7
gramps1968
New Contributor

Thanks for the info! Now just one more question....when I get the reports, is it possible to purchase my scores only since I already will have the reports?
04/08/2013 TU 659 EQ 661

Goal score: 700
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

gramps1968 wrote:
Thanks for the info! Now just one more question....when I get the reports, is it possible to purchase my scores only since I already will have the reports?

No.  Oh, sure, the CRAs will try to get you to buy their "credit scores," but be aware that those are not FICO scores they are selling.

The only place you can buy all three FICO scores is right here at myFICO.  Those scores come with reports, although they are formatted differently than the ones you will get directly from the CRAs.  It's a good idea to pull the reports directly from the CRAs at least once a year, even if you're going to buy FICO scores, too.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

gramps1968 wrote:

You can purchase a genuine FICO from Equifax (only).  This is from my June 4, 2008 Equifax report obtained through annualcreditreport.com:

FICO® Score

FICO® Score only - just $7.95 To have your score printed and mailed to you, order anytime by calling...

Message Edited by psychic on 06-30-2008 07:48 PM
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

psychic wrote:

gramps1968 wrote:

You can purchase a genuine FICO from Equifax (only).  This is from my June 4, 2008 Equifax report obtained through annualcreditreport.com:

FICO® Score

FICO® Score only - just $7.95 To have your score printed and mailed to you, order anytime by calling...

Message Edited by psychic on 06-30-2008 07:48 PM

Good point.  Thanks, psychic!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.