Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freeze my reports?

tag
linux007969
Established Contributor

Freeze my reports?

So as some of you may know i went crazy a few weeks ago with my credit.... http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/I-went-crazy-today-and-I-think-I-messed-up/td-p/1921841

Anyway, with my app spree, Chase denied me and i reconed them and they still denied me and so i got their letters in the mail and it says they pulled Transunion and i got an email alert from my Discover Identiy theft protection for all the recent credit pulls and such. So i check it out and find out they pulled Experian too! Smiley Mad

So I call up Chase and talk to Lending Services and i ask them about this and they place me on hold and come back and say they only pulled Transunion and i need to take it up with Experian. I actually called up a day later hoping to get a different answer and get them to remove it but i got the same answer and i even asked them if maybe their computer system pulled experian and they said no and to take it up with experian. Smiley Mad

So I am sending off a dispute letter to Experian asking them to remove it, and i hope they remove it or i'm gonna call Chase and get in contact with their Executive Office and let them have it and ask them to remove the inquary or pay me $1,000 since they are in violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act for their illegal actions!!!!! Smiley Mad

So anyway with the illegal credit pull, Do you guys think freezing all 3 of my credit reports would prevent somethig like this happening in the future and if so what happens after they are frozen?

I am in need of some advice please before i do something stupid or crazy again! I truely appreciate you guys! Smiley LOL

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
HiLine
Blogger

Re: Freeze my reports?

@linux007969 wrote:

So anyway with the illegal credit pull, Do you guys think freezing all 3 of my credit reports would prevent somethig like this happening in the future and if so what happens after they are frozen?

Freezing your reports will prevent lenders from accessing your credit profile. And yes, you will never get hard inquiries as a result, until you unfreeze the reports. 

Message 2 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

IMO, they didn't violate the FCRA. They can opt to pull one report or all 3 if they wanted to (like CapOne). Try a GW-like letter and ask if they wouldn't mind deleting it. YOu never know.

Message 3 of 8
HiLine
Blogger

@llecs wrote:

IMO, they didn't violate the FCRA. They can opt to pull one report or all 3 if they wanted to (like CapOne). Try a GW-like letter and ask if they wouldn't mind deleting it. YOu never know.

Given how commonly creditors pull multiple reports for the same application, I highly doubt this practice is at all illegal. Cat Indifferent

Message 4 of 8
linux007969
Established Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

@llecs wrote:

Given how commonly creditors pull multiple reports for the same application, I highly doubt this practice is at all illegal. Cat Indifferent

Well when both letter clearly state in black and white that they pulled Transunion and no one else, then they pulled Experian with out my knowlege and that's illegal, also they are lying to me because the credit agencies have to recieve information confirming a hp to update it to your credit profiles so someone at Chase oviously sent Experian some information about their hp and they are denying it.

Message 5 of 8
HiLine
Blogger

@linux007969 wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@llecs wrote:

Well when both letter clearly state in black and white that they pulled Transunion and no one else, then they pulled Experian with out my knowlege and that's illegal, also they are lying to me because the credit agencies have to recieve information confirming a hp to update it to your credit profiles so someone at Chase oviously sent Experian some information about their hp and they are denying it.

Do the letters clearly state that they did not pull from a second CRA? From my experience, creditors do not tell you specifically that they pull from multiple CRA's. Technically, if you say you have a cookie, you can actually have more than one without making your statement wrong.

The Chase rep might've been misinformed. If you have proof in writing that Chase did not authorize a second inquiry on you, you can, and should, dispute the inquiry with the CRA. 

Message 6 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I don't know if this is true for you or not, but maybe they liked the EX report but disliked the TU report and that led to the denial. I think they have to tell you the reason for denial and mention the report used as a basis in the denial (vs. tell you which report they liked).

Message 7 of 8
linux007969
Established Contributor

@llecs wrote:

I don't know if this is true for you or not, but maybe they liked the EX report but disliked the TU report and that led to the denial. I think they have to tell you the reason for denial and mention the report used as a basis in the denial (vs. tell you which report they liked).

That would be strange if they did do something like that cuz i also had to recon my BankAmericard BBR app and da senior analyst liked my Experian after i explained a few things and sweet talked her... LOL 

I don't think i would have minded if i was approved but since i wasnt i'm making a big deal about this as they need to be held accountable.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.