cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friend approved for Discover Secured... but can't submit bank info??

tag
furthur
Regular Contributor

Friend approved for Discover Secured... but can't submit bank info??

Hey everyone,

So my friend was just approved for her first credit card, a Discover It Secured. Whenever she tries to submit her bank info for the deposit, the Continue button just changes color and nothing else happens. We've tried multiple devices, browsers, incognito modes, etc. We even asked Discover Customer Service and they said she can only submit her bank information online because she is only 20 years old and can't provide it over the phone. They said just to keep trying.

We've been trying for several days now, and nothing has changed. Has anyone else experienced this or have any other advice?  She only has until June 4th to submit the information or else its a wasted HP.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Friend approved for Discover Secured... but can't submit bank info??

You verified the routing number is correct?

Message 2 of 13
furthur
Regular Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

You verified the routing number is correct?

Yes. All the green verified checkmarks pop up and the name of the bank appears when we type the routing number. 

Message 3 of 13
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

I don't recall during my bank authentication process with Discover if there were pop-ups, but could the pop-up blocker not bring up the window to complete the process?  I think most browsers by default block them, but there should be a prompt if you want to allow them near the URL bar.

Message 4 of 13
furthur
Regular Contributor

@mrcraft wrote:

I don't recall during my bank authentication process with Discover if there were pop-ups, but could the pop-up blocker not bring up the window to complete the process?  I think most browsers by default block them, but there should be a prompt if you want to allow them near the URL bar.

tried that too Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 13
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

That's weird.  Maybe your friend needs to fax or snail mail the information to get started.

Message 6 of 13
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@furthur wrote:

Hey everyone,

So my friend was just approved for her first credit card, a Discover It Secured. Whenever she tries to submit her bank info for the deposit, the Continue button just changes color and nothing else happens. We've tried multiple devices, browsers, incognito modes, etc. We even asked Discover Customer Service and they said she can only submit her bank information online because she is only 20 years old and can't provide it over the phone. They said just to keep trying.

We've been trying for several days now, and nothing has changed. Has anyone else experienced this or have any other advice?  She only has until June 4th to submit the information or else its a wasted HP.

Thank you!

Sounds like you tried just about everything with the browsers and tech aspects. It could actually be a glitch on their end with their website functioning.  I would keep trying, clear all cookie data and try for a couple of more days.

If still no success I would call and get the address for the dept. that handles this specific requirement and send a certified letter to that dept. with the information and follow-up with a call to make sure everything is handled.

June 4 will be here before you know it so it's best to jump on this right away to avoid the wasted hard pull.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've often had issues with my adblocker messing up things on some banking sites. For instance I can't even see the CC pre-auth frame / button on the NFCU site unless I disable my adblocker.

I feel like I may have had a similar issue with Discover when I setup my secured card. If there's an adblocker in play then try disabling it and starting over on a fresh page.

For info's sake I'm using uBlock Origin and I've started disabling it on the banking sites where I'm a customer.

Message 8 of 13
Svthhvn
Contributor

For my 18 yo daughter I was able to just upload her bank statement.

Message 9 of 13
furthur
Regular Contributor

She called Discover today and the CSR told us there is a known glitch that they are working on fixing and just to keep trying. We live literally 10-15 minutes away from Discover Corporate Headquarters.. if it really comes down to it maybe she can just pay them a visit and sort it out (COVID-19 permitting) Smiley LOL

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.