Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frontier/ Verizon/ Fios will HP Equifax as of 2/11/2020 Telecommunications

tag
sznnmnt
Established Member

Frontier/ Verizon/ Fios will HP Equifax as of 2/11/2020 Telecommunications

I tried to lower my monthly internet by getting new service with Frontier which posted $45/month for high speed. Some how it becomes a $175 first bill and includes installation even though the guy said I could do a self install. The monthly will end up somehow ~ $70  so I cancel before they send out the installation kit. The guy I talked to to set up service said I could save by self install and having my own router. He also said it would be a soft pull too. This is a recorded line. I could use these records in a case against Frontier. Deliberate lies. I wouldn't mind the service being $100 from the getgo and I would know to not waste my time trying to save $$. But now I have a hard pull on my credit because of these SOB liars. So opportunistic. Please stay away from these guys at all costs.

I initially tried to get Frontier 2.5 yrs ago and they f'ed up that time as well by adding phone service I specifically told them I did not want - I had to ask why installation, we need access to the phone lines to set i the phone up  - who the hell needs a landline these days? I called to cancel when the guys were trying to come and install. The customer service lady offered to take the phone service off, but they lost me when they f'ing lied. They are so unscrupulous!

Just a Warning!!!

Starting Score: 600
Current Score: 721
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Frontier/ Verizon/ Fios will HP Equifax as of 2/11/2020 Telecommunications

I'm really unsure what's so upsetting to you. It's a single HP, and you would have incurred it when switching service providers regardless of who you went with. 

As far as being told it's a SP, a person could have been misinformed. 

If I stayed away from every place that had CSR say something that wasnt exactly the case, I'd have no where to go. 

You, as a consumer, should be prepared for HP whenever post-paid services are involved. 

You can try and see if they will recode ot for you from HP to SP, but you probably signed something consenting to HP.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Remedios is right. Whether a person tells you it's a HP or not, expect it. If it turns out to be a SP than great.

Message 3 of 7
sznnmnt
Established Member

The thing is that I did not sign anything nor did they come for installation. In fact I ordered service and the next day I canceled it because I got the email with a detailed first bill.

Message 4 of 7
sznnmnt
Established Member

I would also like to ask you if you're just gonna let your telecommunications company add services you didn't ask for to your bill. And pay for it. You must be a millennial. millennials just keep paying whatever it is the company tells them until they decide no more let's cancel.If everyone's like this which I'm guessing that's how everyone is these days, they know they can get away with it! This is the biggest problem!

Message 5 of 7
sznnmnt
Established Member

If it was going to be a hard pull at all I wouldn't of even tried for it!

BTW – this post is not to ask questions of anyone it is a post for informational purposes. This is a data point That many people are looking for. I'm not asking for you guys to be putting up your dukes and that's what I'm getting here!

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sznnmnt wrote:

I would also like to ask you if you're just gonna let your telecommunications company add services you didn't ask for to your bill. And pay for it. You must be a millennial. millennials just keep paying whatever it is the company tells them until they decide no more let's cancel.If everyone's like this which I'm guessing that's how everyone is these days, they know they can get away with it! This is the biggest problem!

I'm a millennial and I'm the first one to jump on the phone when something doesn't line up with exactly what I was told. 

As for the HP, I feel your pain. I used to work for Comcast so when I set my service up here in 2016, I was fully aware that having my own equipment was not supposed to be a HP. Got the HP alert after I got done with my order. The rep clearly clicked the wrong button. Unfortunately also working for the company, I knew that when this happened corporate wasn't willing to get involved to recode the HP so I didn't bother trying. 

The authorization to pull credit is a blanket approval that can be interpreted however the company wants to interpret it. Once you provide your social security number, you have given them permission to pull your credit. 

The good news is that the impact is extremely minor and there won't be one after 12 months anyway. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.