Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GEICO insurance quotes shopping

tag
SnowBowl
Frequent Contributor

GEICO insurance quotes shopping

I am not sure where to post it since this is not a credit card app... but, its about insurance shopping.. I started filling out the form on GEICO online and then on step 3 page it asked me for SSN and I am just wondering if its HP or SP ?  any info would greatly be appericated.

on this date 1-22-24 all 3 bureaus are currently frozen until 1-22-26
VantageScore 3.0 EQ 753
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GEICO insurance quotes shopping

Insurance companies will (usually) SP....

GEICO is a SP

Good Luck

Gregg

Message 2 of 12
Scupra
Super Contributor

It is a SP

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 3 of 12
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

When a consumer initiates a request for credit or insurance, the inquiry can be coded as hard.

Any coding of soft would be totally discretionary.

Message 4 of 12
Scupra
Super Contributor

GEICO is a promotional SP though. Just double checked with a friend who works at GEICO. I'm at State Farm and we do a SP as well Smiley Happy

801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I was shopping I had esurance and progressive do soft pulls and good thing I did because progressive rate came down big time!

Gieco gave me the worst rate, least coverage of anyone I asked for a quote.  I have a lot of tickets Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 12
damac2004
New Contributor

i was with geico for many years and had whatever discounts were applicable.

i had 4 cars, 3 of them older 80's.  i would go online and change all the mileage around to low numbers since i picked between them all and typically drove to work on trip/week.

they were going to force switch me into another plan with 10,000+ miles minimum on each car if we didn't submit to a odometer check.  problem for me with the old cars was they are old parts people don't work on and like to break and people swap clusters in minutes, etc.

i warned them i wasn't going to deal with that stuff and explained how they were driven but they didn't want any part of it until i cancelled.  but i'm just another number on paper to them.

anyways i can't say i had ever experimented much with rate shopping.  i have always gone online to various places and geico was cheaper than most but sometimes it was hard to compare apples to apples.

something i never thought about is going to an insurance agent where they take your info and work out all this stuff for you?  i actually got into another insurance place with better rates for same coverage and a better rated tier provider.  there are companies i didn't even know exist in california for example.

Message 7 of 12
Scupra
Super Contributor

@damac2004 wrote:

i was with geico for many years and had whatever discounts were applicable.

i had 4 cars, 3 of them older 80's.  i would go online and change all the mileage around to low numbers since i picked between them all and typically drove to work on trip/week.

they were going to force switch me into another plan with 10,000+ miles minimum on each car if we didn't submit to a odometer check.  problem for me with the old cars was they are old parts people don't work on and like to break and people swap clusters in minutes, etc.

i warned them i wasn't going to deal with that stuff and explained how they were driven but they didn't want any part of it until i cancelled.  but i'm just another number on paper to them.

anyways i can't say i had ever experimented much with rate shopping.  i have always gone online to various places and geico was cheaper than most but sometimes it was hard to compare apples to apples.

something i never thought about is going to an insurance agent where they take your info and work out all this stuff for you?  i actually got into another insurance place with better rates for same coverage and a better rated tier provider.  there are companies i didn't even know exist in california for example.

This mileage thing has become such an issue for most insurance companies Smiley Happy State Farm now checks 3rd party vendors for actual mileage Smiley Wink

801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
Message 8 of 12
norhplatter
Established Member

State farm did two harr pulls for insurance on me
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

The dropped my auto insurance which ruined my umbrella policy.  I hate them. (State Farm)

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.