Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GETTING CREDIT WISE IN 2013

tag
CreditJunkie917
Frequent Contributor

GETTING CREDIT WISE IN 2013

It's time to get right in 2013. Here's the breakdown of my situation. MyFICO EQ is 642, with EX(own site) @ 567. TU is ???

AES/CLC/BONY NA AS TRUST-$5500(AMERICAN EDUCATION SERVICE/PHEAA)...double dip

AMERICAN EDUCATION/KEYSTONE BEST(AMERICAN EDUCATION SERVICE/PHEAA)-$2800.....double dip

EASTERN ACCOUNT SYSTEM I-$315

FIRST PREMIER BANK-$393

HSBC BANK-$1175....(LVNV FUNDING, LLC) double dip

U S DEPT OF ED/GSL/ATL-$2513

CAP1 CR..$500 CL, pay every month

CAP1 secure...$200, pay every month

military star card...$500, pay every month

pioneer loan...$3600, installment, allotment

Paid full balance of Eastern accts, and began payment plan with student loans. Have requested deletion of eastern acct(very nice people). SL will delete in 9 months. What kind of scoring jump am I likely to see?? And help would be great!!

Goal is to be 700+ (all 3) by end of 2013!!

Amex PRG(NPSL), Amex BCE($5K), Amex Hilton($1K), NavCheck ($15K), NFCU CR Siggy($20K), USAA Amex($7K), USAA World MC($7K), CSP($2.3K), Chase Marriott($1.8K), Care Credit($2.5K), Cap1 QS($3.5K), VS($500), Cap1 Secure($200) Starting Scores(Jan 2013): FICO EQ: 643, TU: 552, EX: 567 Current Scores(Sept. 2016): FICO EQ: 672, TU: 703(?), EX: 682 In the Garden FOR-EV-ER!!!!! Cards and goals achieved! Let's grow and mature these babies!!!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: GETTING CREDIT WISE IN 2013

Assuming that Eastern is a CA, that First Premier and HSBC are COs, and assuming everything else is positive with no lates reporting, then my answer would be: it depends. It depends on how recent the baddies are and how recent Eastern is in relation to those baddies. For example, if Eastern were 6 years old and the COs were from this past year, then I'd guess no gain or very, very little. Conversely, if the COs were 6-7 years old and Eastern appeared last month then I'd guess a modest gain into the solid double digits assuming every other account were positive.

The EQ score from myFICO is a FICO. The score from EX isn't.

Your goal is certainly achievable with persistence of effort (and a lot of letters, stamps, CMS subscriptions, report pulls, etc.). Definitely do-able.

Message 2 of 4
CreditJunkie917
Frequent Contributor

Since I'm deployed in the military right now, I communicate with my wife who is taking care of all this, through my POA. Latest update is that my First Premier acct was paid back in May '07...waiting on the letter, then hitting up the CA's. She's getting in touch with HSBC/LVNV funding to clear that up. Also, began this month paying back my SL...will go from default to pay as agreed in 9 months. I'm at 19% utilization with my 2 CC. 3 inquiries..Getting back to the states middle of the summer. Hoping to only have majority of everything cleaned up.

Amex PRG(NPSL), Amex BCE($5K), Amex Hilton($1K), NavCheck ($15K), NFCU CR Siggy($20K), USAA Amex($7K), USAA World MC($7K), CSP($2.3K), Chase Marriott($1.8K), Care Credit($2.5K), Cap1 QS($3.5K), VS($500), Cap1 Secure($200) Starting Scores(Jan 2013): FICO EQ: 643, TU: 552, EX: 567 Current Scores(Sept. 2016): FICO EQ: 672, TU: 703(?), EX: 682 In the Garden FOR-EV-ER!!!!! Cards and goals achieved! Let's grow and mature these babies!!!
Message 3 of 4
CreditJunkie917
Frequent Contributor

just signed up for some services on here...FICO EQ 642, FICO TU 552, EX 567(FAKO)....again, from previous posts, have made first payments on SL's...have paid off the Eastern ACCT(CA)...disputing the HSBC/LVNV acct....Working on FP, with GW's...not sure how that's gonna work...giving that I stay below 20% util with my open cards, and pay everything on time, what kind of jump am I looking at in 6mo??

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.