Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRRRRR stupid )(*)&)(&)(* CA *******UPDATED********

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GRRRRR stupid )(*)&)(&)(* CA *******UPDATED********

I was forced to call the &*&()(*(& at the collection agency this afternoon.  He left another message at our home and left a message for my husband at his work. The dispatchers sent DH a nastygram over the computer in the patrol car about Mr Jackson calling yet again~ DH calls me because he's busy and can't call said ())(*_)*)&_ at the CA.  So I get to speak to Mr Jackson.

Needless to say it turned into a shouting match and of course I don't have it recorded.  I basically told him we don't have access to a fax machine and that we requested everything in writing by mail.  He claims that everything they have sent us has come back undeliverable.  I state once again that all correspondence we have sent them has our current, correct and complete address on it.  It's not my fault they are unable to address it properly.  He then asks if we are refusing the info.. I tell him no we want it done the way we asked  are you refusing to mail it to us?  I then proceeded to tell him that his continued collection attempts and phone calls without validation is in violation of FDCPA 809(b) and is a $1000 fine per violation.  He then tells me that I'm spouting law I know NOTHING about.  He says my DH has access to a fax at his work...I tell him you are not faxing anything to his workplace.  Anyway...I ended the conversation with "Don't call us anymore at home or at my husband's workplace and you will be hearing from our attorney"

I don't believe they tried to mail us anything after they received the first DV attempt.  If they did why would they wait until the 2nd DV letter reached them before they tried calling to get a fax #...why not call and get the correct address (apparently they are too darn stupid to address a letter correctly)before the 2nd DV was even mailed to them. Mind you the 2nd DV letter was mailed 2 months after the first. I'm not going to help them in way shape or form..period. 

God, I hope this attorney can help...I sent him an email with the above information.  I can't take much more of this. As of 2 weeks ago I'm under dr's care for high blood pressure and after that phone call it jumped up to 182/127 and I've got a massive headache and I'm just freakin sick over the whole mess.  If DH's stupid,selfish exwife would have just taken care of this per the divorce decree we wouldn't be dealing with this crapola.

Sorry..so long...just had to vent to those who understand!

On a brighter note...4 of the things I disputed for my mother on her CR were deleted from Ex today Smiley Happy  I just wish DH and I would begin to get some alerts!!

Thanks for reading!

Message Edited by kims on 07-23-2007 05:00 PM
Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GRRRRR stupid )(*)&)(&)(* CA

I FEEL your pain! Have a crappy ex who screwed up my credit, too. I wrote a song about him, including the line: "Once upon a time there was a jerk named you." I am so sorry that your BP went up - just remember: You are doing this the right way!
Godspeed!
Message 2 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Woooo! Kims!!  Girl...............you needs to slow down, take a breather and WOOOSAH!! Let it out.

Don't let them make you sick, totally not worth it, you know you're right, they're stuck on stupidSmiley Mad.

This too shall pass, but Dear let it pass with you having something more like a 117/68, ok?!  Very well.

Message 3 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I so hope and pray I'm doing this the right way...I could just about bawl right now.  I'm so scared that I'm screwing something up along the way.  I know the debt is owed and because the court order wasn't followed after the divorce it's till in DH's name.  I want validation that they are the CA for the debt owner...I want validation that the company that they are collecting for ownes the debt.  I want original loan paperwork with DH's signature and a complete history of all payments.  Is that too much to ask??  I want them to quit calling us ~ the $1000 per violation is nice but not worth the headache when it continous.

But most of all I want it to go away completely...I want it back in his ex's lap and for her to have to deal with it.

Thanks for the kind words and I'm sorry you're having to go thru this BS too!!
Message 4 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks trini...I know but this guy really got my dander up!!  Today was the first time I actually felt the effects of the high BP...back in May it was pretty 126/70 as it always had been.

I'm breathing...innnnnnnnnnnnnnnn and oooouuuutttttttttttt....whew

I'm so glad y'all are here ~ you all are so reassuring and give me hope!

((((hugs))))
Message 5 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

kims wrote:
Thanks trini...I know but this guy really got my dander up!!  Today was the first time I actually felt the effects of the high BP...back in May it was pretty 126/70 as it always had been.

I'm breathing...innnnnnnnnnnnnnnn and oooouuuutttttttttttt....whew

I'm so glad y'all are here ~ you all are so reassuring and give me hope!

((((hugs))))

Gotta do the WOOOSAH!!Smiley Wink

It'll be fine........
Message 6 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

woooooooooooosah!!!  Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kims,

Your life is too precious to let this overstress you the way that it is.  Remember my post, "Don't let your credit troubles kill you" and if your bp keeps going up that is exactly what is going to happen.  Pray and stay focused, breathe a lot and keep following the advice of our leaders here on the board.

Praying for ya, sweetheart...

Eve
Message 8 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll go beat up your Dh's ex! Please-oh-please!
Message 9 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

KIM, SEND A CMRRR AND STATE IN IT----DO NOT CALL WORK PHONE... IT WILL COST ME MY JOB!!!!!  It is illegal for them to call work locations if your boss doesn't allow it.

I see that you are talking to a lawyer, He will tell you that. Not only federal but also most state law.

Do not answer the calls. If you had refused the mail USPS  marks it as *refused*. They never sent it or sent it to wrong address.Make them mail it.
Message 10 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.