Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Letter to MAF Collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW Letter to MAF Collections

Has anyone ever had any luck writing a goodwill letter to MAF Collections? I called today and asked for a medical collection to be removed and the rep told me I had to put my request in writing. Let me add that this was a $92 paid collection.

Message Edited by sunkysd on 06-14-2007 05:24 PM
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW Letter to MAF Collections

That they said put it in writing is hopeful. Had they said Fly Off And Die, I would be less hopeful. Do GW them.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent it as soon as I got off the phone with them!
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
That they said put it in writing is hopeful. Had they said Fly Off And Die, I would be less hopeful. Do GW them.

Well said.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any luck with the GW ltr to MAF?  I'm getting ready to do the same...

Thanks!
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry I forgot to report back. MAF stood true to their word. They sent me a letter confirming our conversation and it has been deleted from ALL 3 credit bureaus!!!

HeidiBoo wrote:
Any luck with the GW ltr to MAF?  I'm getting ready to do the same...

Thanks!

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

After several requests, MAF finally agreed to delete a $91 collection from Tampa Electric, which I paid back in April.  I'm so surprised they did this AFTER I paid it!!

Although Mr. Burke, the supervisor I spoke to, said that it was against the law to do that, he, "out of professional courtesy", would take care of it.  I didn't want to push my luck and ask him the code section that referred to the deletion being illegal, but it sure did cross my mind!

I wonder how long it usually takes to show up on my report?

Thanks MAF - although you "broke the law"...I won't tell the credit cops, promise!!
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wonderful! I'm glad it worked out for you! Smiley Happy

HeidiBoo wrote:
After several requests, MAF finally agreed to delete a $91 collection from Tampa Electric, which I paid back in April.  I'm so surprised they did this AFTER I paid it!!

Although Mr. Burke, the supervisor I spoke to, said that it was against the law to do that, he, "out of professional courtesy", would take care of it.  I didn't want to push my luck and ask him the code section that referred to the deletion being illegal, but it sure did cross my mind!

I wonder how long it usually takes to show up on my report?

Thanks MAF - although you "broke the law"...I won't tell the credit cops, promise!!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.