Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Macy's

tag
Minnie
Contributor

GW Macy's

I sent a GW to Macy's asking to have lates removed (my account was closed due to lates). I don't know if the lates have been removed as I have not received a response, but I just received a Scorewatch indicating that my score had gone up 2 points, and when I checked, the Macy's account had been reopened with a 500 credit limit! Better than closed.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
TryingVeryHard
Frequent Contributor

Re: GW Macy's

Nice. Mind to share your GW letter for all of those Macys holder
Message 2 of 8
Minnie
Contributor

Here is the letter I sent. As you can see, I modified one found on this forum:

Macy’s Credit Reporting Department
PO Box 8118
Mason, OH 45040

Dear Sir or Madam:

I am writing to inquire as to whether Macys Department Stores would consider making a goodwill adjustment to the credit reporting bureaus on my Macys Credit Account (formerly Kaufmann’s credit account). I am asking whether Macys would remove the adverse late payments from the account in reporting to the credit bureaus. I understand this is a rather unusual request as it appears that during the August, September, and October of 2007, payments were not made to my account, resulting in 30, 60, and 90-day adverse notifications on my credit reports.

The circumstances related to the late payments are as follows: I was originally a holder of a Kaufmann’s account. I still have a Kaufmann’s credit card, and have never received a Macys credit card. I pay my bills electronically through my checking account at ********** Bank. For over a year, I have had twice the minimum payment sent automatically to Kaufmann’s on a certain date each month. For some reason, those payments began being rejected and credited back to my checking account in August of 2007, according to bank records. Because I typically make my bill payments electronically, and had not used the Kaufmann’s card in quite some time, I did not regularly check my statements as they came in the mail – not a good habit, I admit. I was quite surprised to open a bill from Macys in October to find that I had four payments due. I promptly sent a check for the full amount due, an increased amount due to late charges for non-payment. As you will see, my account is now paid in full, although, unfortunately, the account has been closed.

I am not asking that the late charges be credited back to my account, although I feel they are the result of a banking error. I am asking only that the adverse late payments be removed from credit reporting bureaus. I am a hard-working person and it was never my intention to not pay what I owed. Regardless of your decision, please know that I appreciate your consideration of my request.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! WTG Minnie! You bet it's better than being closed!

Your conscientious efforts have paid off for you. Smiley Happy

Did they delete the lates? Lates lessen it's bad effect over time. I'm wrestling with a whole bunch myself.
Message 4 of 8
Minnie
Contributor

Thanks! I don't know if they have deleted the lates. Scorewatch doesn't really provide that info, and I need to wait before purchasing another score report. I'm spending too much money buying fico scores! I will check at end of month.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Understand about the expense aspect! Phew, mounts up in a hurry! I pull my reports(now) only once every 3 months, and it's hard to do.

Keep that card squeaky clean, pay WELL before the due date, never go over the limit, and the credit line increases will start happening. Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 8
Minnie
Contributor

Re: GW Macy's -- OMG!!! Update!!!

THEY REMOVED ALL THE LATES!!!! I wasn't going to check, but realized I hadn't check EXP in over a month, found a discount code, and thought, "what the heck.." Account in good standing, never late, open account. From closed by grantor, with a 30, 60, and 90 day late -- recent, too. Late 2007. Keep the faith, bros!!!
Message 7 of 8
cobra19
Valued Contributor

I don't care what anyone says - Macys is the best. Have had this card for .........well........many years. They have deleted (2) 30-day lates I had a couple of years ago, given me CLI without asking and their csr seem to know what they're talking about.

The only bad part about having a Macys card is that, well, I hate shopping.  
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.