Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Success!!! 2 more to go.

tag
MLESPADA
Valued Member

GW Success!!! 2 more to go.

Just wanted to share with you my recent experience. One of my credit granters agreed today, to remove a repo from my credit report. I'm so happy, their response was also super quick; they received the GW letter yesterday and I received a call this morning. They say that it may take 1-2 months to clear, so now I just have to sit back and play the waiting game. If anyone is still thinking about sending a GW letter, do it NOW. NO GUTS, NO GLORY. Now I only hope I have the same result with Verizon/Citi. I owe a great deal of this success story to this great forum. Keep up the good work.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
monni
Established Member

Re: GW Success!!! 2 more to go.

Congrates!! Keep it up and you will continue to see results. I got  letters today that 2 baddies would be removed from my cr. I only have one to go!!
Message 2 of 12
MLESPADA
Valued Member

Thanks, I can almost smell the 700 club. EQ. 659 Good luck BTW on that one left.
Message 3 of 12
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Wow, for a repo???  WTG!!!!  Congrats!  Smiley Happy
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 4 of 12
ChrisW
Valued Member

Congratulations!!!   Can you paste a copy of the letter you used on here, I also have a repo I would like to get removed?
8/2012 TU 693 EQ 698
9/14/2012 TU 718 (Discover's score included in welcome letter)
9/14/2012 EX 717 (Amex Score)

Discover More $4000, Chase Freedom $6000, Amex BCP $6000, Barclays/Juniper $3600, Care Credit/GEMB $5000, Orchard Bank $1850
Message 5 of 12
MLESPADA
Valued Member

Here you go....... I used the top one. Good luck. Below are example GW (Goodwill) letters you can use. ----------- YOUR NAME YOUR ADDRESS 1 YOUR ADDRESS 2 Month Day , 20XX COMPANY NAME DEPARTMENT NAME ADDRESS CITY, STATE ZIP Dear Ms. NAME: I have been an company name customer since 19XX and during that time, I have enjoyed my experience with company name greatly. I am writing to see if you would be willing to make a "goodwill" adjustment to your reporting to the three credit agencies. I have two a late payments on the above referenced account that date back to 19XX. Since that time I have been an exceptional customer paying every month on time. Because of my exceptional payment history over the last X years, I would like you to consider removing the negative payments from my credit report. At the time of the late payments, I was in the process of changing jobs. I say that not to justify why the payments were late, but rather to show that the late payments are not a good indicator of my actual credit worthiness. I hope that company name is willing to work with me on erasing this mark from my credit reports. I have been a very happy customer in the past and hope to continue a long relationship with company name. With today’s credit industry so competitive, I know how important it is to maintain good relationships with customers. Company name has been exceptional in my book so far and I highly recommend it to all my friends and relatives. I hope that you will deeply consider my request and prove once again, why company name is heads above the rest. I look forward to your reply. Sincerely, your name OR Date Regarding: Account No. XXXXX COMPANY NAME DEPARTMENT NAME ADDRESS CITY, STATE ZIP To Whom It May Concern: I am writing a letter about my experience with xxxxxx that is a mixture of a grateful "thank-you" and a pressing request concerning a xxxxxx Charge Card tradeline in my credit files that I would like to have revised. I received the xxxxxx card in [YEAR], several years before I [CHAOTIC LIFE EVENT -- A MOVE, A BIRTH, MEDICAL SICKNESS, ETC.]. Later when I experienced the [CHAOTIC LIFE EVENT] and while working on [WORK PROJECT], I became disorganized with respect to, as you saw, making timely payments with xxxxxx. I fully recognize my responsibility with respect to payable accounts and have worked diligently to rehabilitate my relationship with xxxxxx since that time. To be honest, that year was a "wake-up" call for me regarding fiscal organization. Since then I believe I have learned the essential organizational and financial management principles I desperately needed at that point. Thankfully, responsible credit management is now reflected in my credit records which -- excluding the xxxxxx card late entry -- are excellent. I wish to thank you for renewing your confidence in me and for giving me a second chance at a relationship with you, one that I am determined to keep spotless. We are about to shop for a mortgage, and it has come to my attention that the late notations from xxxxxx may preclude me from taking full advantage of the very lowest interest rates now available. Since those notations do not reflect my current status with xxxxxx, I am requesting that you give me a second chance at a positive credit rating by revising those tradelines. Your customer service representative suggested that I write you for a "goodwill adjustment." I sincerely hope that there is redemption at xxxxxxx, and I beg you for such consideration. Please let me know if any additional documentation would assist in reaching a positive outcome, and I thank you again for the time you have spent reading this letter. Very hopefully yours, Name Address City, STATE ZIP
Message 6 of 12
MLESPADA
Valued Member

Oooops sorry http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&message.id=2661
Message 7 of 12
rizeninme
New Contributor

Ok, dumb newbie question.... Maybe I'm just caught up in the literal wording here, but you state in this GW letter "Since that time I have been an exceptional customer paying every month on time"??? If you had a repo, wouldn't that mean that you didn't pay on time? I'm NOT asking this to be mean, I actually want to use this letter for an item on my CR, but saying that just doesn't make sense to me, because my account was not paid (obviously) or it wouldn't be on my CR. Am I over thinking this???
Message 8 of 12
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Not a dumb question at all!

The GW letter is meant to be customized to your individual situation.   The OP probably customized this example with more personal details.  So just tailor this to your own unique situation. Here is the link for where that letter is on the boards.  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&message.id=2661

oh wait... unpaid account?  Not GW letter, you need PFD if it is reporting accurately and not going to drop anytime soon.  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&message.id=2659

BTW these are both in the Frequently Requested's and Start here links on the top of the thread listing page.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 9 of 12
honeybrook1
Regular Contributor

I sent a letter very similar to the top one to Citi regarding removing some lates...they in turn wrote me and said that they could not do this and that they would be notifying the CRA's that I am disputing this account??!!Smiley MadSmiley Sad  I used the PO Box 6241, Sioux Falls, SD  57117-6241 addy.  Does anyone out there have a different address where I might find some success? 

Starting Score: 718
Current Score: 718
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.