Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW letter advice needed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW letter advice needed

Hi all: I am going to start looking for a new home in the next couple of weeks and need a few questions answered. When I sold my last house in Jan 2005 I saw behind on my mortgage payments. I was 30 days late 2 months in a row (basically missed one payment) and then I got one more payment behind then month that my sale finally closed. Will this affect my ability to get a new mortgage? My scores are all hovering around 650 right now. So considering just that I should have no problem getting a mortgage, but with the prior lates on my last mortgage I am worrying. I was never late on any mortgage payment (5 years of good payment history) until Oct 04. Would it be a good idea to send a GW letter to my former mortgage company? If so who would I send the letter to? If anyone can help me out I would appreciate it. BTW the mortgage company is Midland Mortgage.

Thanx, Erik
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW letter advice needed

As long as you have 1 year of clean payments it should not be an issue.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW never hurts and it can help.

Which Midland Mortgage is it? I did a quick Google search and found several.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All: Noah -- the company name is Midland Mortgage Co out of Oklahoma city. Their web site is mymidlandmortgage.com. In their about us section I found the customer service contact info. Would it be effective to send a GW letter to this address? Sorry it took me so long to respond.
Thanx again for all of your help.
Erik
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd use their correspondence address. They are small, according to BBB, so the letter will likely end up in the right hands.

https://www.mymidlandmortgage.com/ContactUs.asp

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanx. I am going to send it off tomorrow. I'll let everybody know how it goes. Erik
Message 6 of 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Best of luck!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.