Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW letter turndown

tag
Mikey
Valued Member

GW letter turndown

I wanted to get the forum's input on a GW letter I recently sent to an auto loan company and received back today.  I had a 60-month loan with 59 perfect payments and one 30-day late payment (May 2004) which I asked if they would consider removing.  I drafted the letter using many of the examples I found in these forums and tailored it for my situation.

The reply signed by someone in their Loan Services Dept stated something to this effect..."We have reviewed your loan and in doing so, have determined that you were 30-days late with your May 2004 payment.  The information is therefore accurate and we cannot remove what is now  history" 

I was upset that my request was not addressed properly because in the letter, I fully acknowledged the late payment and explained my circumstances why it was late.  But I emphasized my 59 other perfect payments and how I was cleaning up my credit, etc. 

My question...do I let this go or do I try again?  Seems like it did not get to a person in a position to consider goodwill.  We received it back in a week which seems like not much time was spent considering.  Your thoughts??

Thank you, Mike
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW letter turndown

Mikey wrote:
I wanted to get the forum's input on a GW letter I recently sent to an auto loan company and received back today.  I had a 60-month loan with 59 perfect payments and one 30-day late payment (May 2004) which I asked if they would consider removing.  I drafted the letter using many of the examples I found in these forums and tailored it for my situation.

The reply signed by someone in their Loan Services Dept stated something to this effect..."We have reviewed your loan and in doing so, have determined that you were 30-days late with your May 2004 payment.  The information is therefore accurate and we cannot remove what is now  history" 

I was upset that my request was not addressed properly because in the letter, I fully acknowledged the late payment and explained my circumstances why it was late.  But I emphasized my 59 other perfect payments and how I was cleaning up my credit, etc. 

My question...do I let this go or do I try again?  Seems like it did not get to a person in a position to consider goodwill.  We received it back in a week which seems like not much time was spent considering.  Your thoughts??

Thank you, Mike

Hi Mike, I would get the name of the person in charge of the loan department or a superviser.IF the place is located near you, I would walk in and ask to speak to the BOSS. They can remove it but they do not have to.
Someone will answer you that has had this happen to them. This is just what I would do.
Message 2 of 6
Mikey
Valued Member

Thanks Happy,  unfortunately, the company is in San Diego and I am in Colorado.  I'm sure you are right in saying they can remove.  Especially if they have the power to report it every month to the bureaus!

Mike
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got two NO's from Chase before I finally got a yes so keep on trying sometimes it is a matter of falling in the right hands and like you I had only been late one time back in 2004 I explained I had been a good customer for ten years and it finally worked.
Message 4 of 6
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Anyone who placing something on your report can certainly remove it. Comes down to compnay policy.

Remember, will not doesn't mean cannot.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amen, brothers and sisters.
I always put this in every I-got-turned-down-on-my-GW post:
If they so no the first time, send a second letter.
If they say no the second time, try a third letter.
If that doesn't wotk, get another stamp.
Get the idea?
I don't mean write untruthful or pushy letters, and indeed - some companies will ot remove lates for any reason. But the way I see it, the next few years are going to pass regardless of my writing GW letters - so I'm going to keep writing them until the sheriff shows up and tells me to stop. Which I doubt he will, since he's otherwise occupied...Smiley Wink
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.