Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW letters, hope for the best...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW letters, hope for the best...

After reading numerous posts on this board, I thought I would give it a shot to see if sending GW letters to OCs listed on my CRA would help boost my score.

Either way, I will post the results on this thread when I hear back. All letters were mailed this week. Probably take several months to hear back I'm sure.

Scores (pre-letters):

TU - 622
EQ - 579
EX - 640

Letters sent to the following:

Calvarly - collection account PIF. asked for removal.
First Premier Bank - 1 late from Sept 2000. asked for removal of late since it was the only 30 day in 10 yr history.
GE Credit - Paid. Several 30, 1 60. Asked for removal of 30+ entries.
OSI - Direct energy. collection PIF, asked for removal.
Saxon Mortgage - several 30, asked for removal of lates.
WAMU Mortgage - several 30, asked for removal of lates.

Basic thread in all of the 30 late letters were:

I am writing this in the hopes that you can help me out.

In recent attempts to secure new credit lines, I have been denied credit as a result of this entry in my credit file.

I realize that you have no obligation to report anything beyond what you have reported and that there is no financial gain for your company to do anything further than what you have already reported. However, the entries in this credit report indicating the account has been late multiple times in the past has affected my ability to secure more favorable credit lines. I was hoping that in the spirit of goodwill and possibility of working with your company for future credit needs, you would consider updating the credit reporting history to reflect the current payments and to remove all payments greater than 30 days from all credit reporting agencies (Equifax, Experian and TransUnion).

We'll see how they respond and I will post results as they come in. Hopefully this will yield positive results and will help others in my similiar situation.

Peace
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: GW letters, hope for the best...

Good luck! Keep us updated!
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Saxon GW'ed my 1 30 day late for July of 03.
Only late in the 3 years I was with them. 

Good luck to you.

kotam wrote:
After reading numerous posts on this board, I thought I would give it a shot to see if sending GW letters to OCs listed on my CRA would help boost my score.

Either way, I will post the results on this thread when I hear back. All letters were mailed this week. Probably take several months to hear back I'm sure.

Scores (pre-letters):

TU - 622
EQ - 579
EX - 640

Letters sent to the following:

Calvarly - collection account PIF. asked for removal.
First Premier Bank - 1 late from Sept 2000. asked for removal of late since it was the only 30 day in 10 yr history.
GE Credit - Paid. Several 30, 1 60. Asked for removal of 30+ entries.
OSI - Direct energy. collection PIF, asked for removal.
Saxon Mortgage - several 30, asked for removal of lates.
WAMU Mortgage - several 30, asked for removal of lates.

Basic thread in all of the 30 late letters were:

I am writing this in the hopes that you can help me out.

In recent attempts to secure new credit lines, I have been denied credit as a result of this entry in my credit file.

I realize that you have no obligation to report anything beyond what you have reported and that there is no financial gain for your company to do anything further than what you have already reported. However, the entries in this credit report indicating the account has been late multiple times in the past has affected my ability to secure more favorable credit lines. I was hoping that in the spirit of goodwill and possibility of working with your company for future credit needs, you would consider updating the credit reporting history to reflect the current payments and to remove all payments greater than 30 days from all credit reporting agencies (Equifax, Experian and TransUnion).

We'll see how they respond and I will post results as they come in. Hopefully this will yield positive results and will help others in my similiar situation.

Peace

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well ok. I guess one of the letters went to waste. The day after it was sent out to First Premier, my old account shows paid satisfactory and no lates (on another CR site). I guess the SOL kicked in and removed the late from 7 years ago. Score hasnt changed however. That tells me the 30 day late had no impact on score, but only impacted my report as a "late" account.

I know they couldnt have received the letter and acted upon it in 1 day!!!!

I am waiting on responses from the other CA before I pull another score.

Peace
Message 4 of 13
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

I tried the PFD with Calvary Portfolio Services and was informed it was against thier own policy to remove or delete anything they post on your CRA. Please keep us updated if by some stroke of luck they reverse course and remove the collection.
Message 5 of 13
bott6698
Established Contributor

Let me know, I also am going to this weekend put together some GW letters and also will keep updates on this board.
10/11/2017 EQ 640 TU 639 EX 652 12/10/2016 EQ 621 TU 607 EX 626 10/10/16 EQ566 TU591 EX 587
01/31/2008 EX 502 EQ 466 TU 481
3/14/2008 EX 578 EQ 539 TU 543
4/16/2008 EX 622 EQ 532 TU 578
5/19/2008 EX 604 EQ 591 TU 592
1/1/2009 EQ 625 EX 576 TU 569
02/13/2009 EQ 648 EX 617 TU 590
09/28/2009 EQ 568 TU 591
Thanks to all Fico supporters for your encouragement and advice
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got my first GW response.

First Premier replied it was against their policy to change information reported to credit bureaus.

I think the next step is to close my account with them.
Message 7 of 13
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

kotam wrote:
Got my first GW response.

First Premier replied it was against their policy to change information reported to credit bureaus.

I think the next step is to close my account with them.

Did you ask to speak with a manager?

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

chartley3 wrote:
I tried the PFD with Calvary Portfolio Services and was informed it was against thier own policy to remove or delete anything they post on your CRA. Please keep us updated if by some stroke of luck they reverse course and remove the collection.

GREAT!!!  I have a collection account with them and was planning on PFD.  Geez!  Not what I needed to read. 
How are you going to handle them?
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went through managers through two routes and ended up with her twice.  This seems to be the decision maker involving deleting late payments with First Premier.  Caution she is tough.  We are still going back and forth about a credit protection error that they made.  She is saying I did not get my paperwork in fast enough.  But that is another post.  I will not give up.  Smiley Mad

Julie K. Gilson/lmn
Directing Officer, Business Communications
PREMIER Bankcard, LLC
PO Box 5524
Sioux Falls, SD 57117-5524
 1-800-987-3661,
ext. 3403.  

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.