Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW's working but I have another question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW's working but I have another question

I have been working on upping mine and DH's scores.  I have written several dispute letters and have gotten 1 collection removed from both of our CR's. 

Sears Mastercard agreed to remove the lates reported since I we haven't been late in 3 years and we just paid off the card.  Yeah!  Now if I would just hear from the other companies we wrote to. 

Citibank wants us to mail a copy of our credit report dated in the last month to them before they make a decision.  Has anybody else received this type of request?

How long should we wait before we send out another GW letter?  Friday will be 1 month since I sent the first letters out.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW's working but I have another question

I would not mail a copy of your credit report to them. They have access to any and all information reporting that they need.

For example, if they are already reporting that you have fewer lates than you actually have, sending a copy of that credit report could be negative as they may up the number of lates if correct.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would NEVER send anyone my CR.

You may never hear on GW letter....wait another 2 weeks and send another....you might get someone else to read it.

Message Edited by HappyDays on 08-14-2007 06:44 PM
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

or they myay want the report b/c when the CRA'S be lieing about they have validated our disputes they really havent..You my be helping them to really see whats on it b/c maybe they havent updated your report concerning those lates for quit some time...
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also thought that it was strange that they were requesting a copy of my CR.  My only thought was maybe they wanted me to proved that I had a current copy.  Thanks for the advice.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.