Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Georgia Power "Collection Account"

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Georgia Power "Collection Account"

I have an account from Georgia Power (utility account) on my credit report.  It currently has a zero balance.  The following dates show up on my report:
  1. Date Opened: 06/1998
  2. Date Reported:  02/2007
  3. Date of Last Payment:  03/2005
  4. Date Closed:  09/2002
  5. Date of First Delinquency:  07/2002

The Current Status shows "Collection Account".   This was a utility on an apartment I had back before I started knowing what credit really was.  I moved out of the apartment 07/2002 and apparently just didn't pay the last bill.   My questions are:

1. When will this come off of my credit report?  I spoke with a GA Power representative and she stated that since I didn't pay it off until 03/2005 then it would be 7 years from that date.  Is this right??
  2. Should the Current Status show "Collection Account" since it is already paid off?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Georgia Power "Collection Account"

DOLA is 2002 and it should be gone by 8/2009   only public records may have a longer CRTP and only PR  goes by date when paid!  All others go by DOFD or DOLA   not date paid

Message Edited by HappyDays on 02-10-2008 12:50 PM
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks HD -

I looked up the abbreviations and couldn't find "CRTP".   Could you tell me what this stands for?

Also, do you think that the current status of "Collection Account" is correct or should it say something about being paid?  The comments say "Paid collection" and the activity description says "Paid" but the type of account says "Open".
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

CRTP  is the federal law that deals with CR only.

TYPE of account does not mean is it open or closed....you might drive a ford......but what kind or type of ford?

Open accounts (type) are loans of a certain kind.CC and most loans fall under this TYPE

A mortgage & auto are a different TYPE of loan    they are promissary notes  the are almost always notorized

don't do anything with the CA at this point........later DV both accounts that the CA is reporting!

Message Edited by HappyDays on 02-10-2008 01:48 PM
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.