cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Credit Check Total for $14.95 for another year?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Get Credit Check Total for $14.95 for another year?

I'm getting mine for $12 a year. LOL

Sign up for $1 trial. Cancel. Wait a month. Sign up for $1 trial. Cancel. Repeat. Repeat.

Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@smarzig it's only 14 dollars and change a month for five years if you cancel via the automated system. If you do it via the live telephone support you will only get the reduced amount for one year.
Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@matts175 that is a great work around but too much hassle for me, I have better things to do with my time It's easier to just pay the ~15 a month and no worry about it and pull my scores once a month.
Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess it depends on how one defines a hassle and what it's worth to them.

12 trials = $12 for 1 year.

$15/mo = $180 for 1 year.

It takes about 2 minutes to sign up, 2 minutes and 30 seconds to cancel with the automated system, so 4.5 minutes x 12 times = about an hour of time spent to save that $168.  I suppose I get it for those that "don't want to be bothered" but for those that are very dollar conscious (which is many based on how rewards are chased on these forums) you really can't go wrong with $1 trials.

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're absolutely right it depends on how one defines a hassle and since I only spoke about it being a hassle for me, I'm the only one that needs to be concerned with the definition. As far as breaking down the time, that was completely unnecessary, because I only spoke for me and me alone, I said it was a great work around, just not one that I wanted to deal with, too much hassle for me, and that I have better things to do with my time. I did not speak for anyone else nor did I infer that anyone else was any less of a person for doing such, again I only spoke for me and me alone. So saying you suppose you get it with your little quotations of my text was kind of a jerk sentence. I have no problem providing financial support to a company that I believe in and that I utilize. 15$ is a completely fair and reasonable price to pay for the service that they provide for me and to spend my time trying to short change them any further than I already have is for me not worth it, I can save money elsewhere. I also support veteran owned businesses over other business even when it costs more, again a personal choice. I don't knock others for not doing this nor do I get on a forum and try to pick them apart for it. You save your 14$ a month by short changing credit check total, I save my 14$ a month elsewhere I will not rub your nose in where I save it. And no you cannot go wrong with the 1$ trials and you also cannot go wrong with the 15$ either. Both are a great price for what you get. Because I choose to spend 15$ in this spot doesn't mean that I am not dollar conscious, it just means I'm frugal in other places. Have a great evening brutal.
Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for the lack of paragraphs, I was a tad bit irritated when I typed that on my phone.
Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

My purpose wasn't to irritate you, it was to define what the "hassle" was for anyone else reading this thread.  If someone knows nothing about CCT and their trials, they may infer that it could be a 20 minute phone call where you're on hold and talking to someone that can't speak english or something to cancel as is the case with many other trial services out there..  I defined the process and broke it down so that others can make their own judgement as to whether or not they think it's worth it or not to save that money for the time spent.  Obviously you and I already know the numbers, but a large portion of this forum certainly does not.  The purpose of this forum is to educate and learn, and I'm confident that my post will do exactly that for some people and for the money conscious, save them a good deal of it over the course of a year.

Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree totally brutal. It came across to me as sort of a personal attack when you quoted my text and used the words I suppose I get it when I personally said for me it was too much hassle. That's where it got personal.

As far as educating others as to the benefits of the 1$ trial work around. I'm all for it and I agree with it wholeheartedly, that aspect of your argument was left out of the post.

I'm all for learning and education l, it's just the way it came across was to me, more of a personal attack that a chance for education. Yes I got irritated, if that was not your intent, then I apologize for taking it that way.

Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's always hard to express "tone of voice" on a forums. On my other forums, sometimes I say things that are taken the wrong way, but I meant them as a joke. Like as if in a room full of old buddies. I then have to "back the truck up" and explain. Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very true that it's next to impossible to understand tone from reading words.  This happens with text messages all the time as well.  No harm, no foul.  Glad everything was cleared up!

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.