Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get your EX EQ TU FICOs online for free

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Get your EX EQ TU FICOs online for free

So I was fooling around online and applied for a fake loan I didn't need with Sofi just to see what they would offer me interest rate wise. It's a soft pull. Well, I was instantly declined, lol. They immediately emailed me the denial with the denial letter attached, with my Experian score of 694. That's my current FICO 8 score.

I thought it was pretty neat I didn't have to wait for a letter to arrive in the mail.
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Get your Experian FICO 8 online for free

I checked and you can do the same thing with Best Egg. Soft pull, and if they deny you they immediately email you a link to your Experian FICO 8 credit score.

Edit: Upstart will immediately give you your Transunion FICO 8 for a soft pull. (Boy I'm getting turned down by everyone, lol) Payoff also gives you a copy of your Transunion FICO 8. Peerform gives you a copy of your Transunion FICO 8. Upgrade gives you a copy of your Transunion FICO but it's not FICO 8.

Rocket Loans gives you a copy of your Equifax FICO, but it’s not FICO 8. There’s a bit of a delay in getting your score.

You can reapply to these lenders every 30 days. I keep getting denied because of too many inquiries, so this would be a good way to check your credit score after an app spree.
Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks pal!

Here are some other good sources of free EX FICO 8 Classic scores.

This site will give you a full EX report and the FICO 8 once per month:

https://www.creditscore.com/

Since free EX reports (every month) are not easy to get, that would the first place I'd recommend anyone starting.

Then there is the Discover Scorecard:

https://www.discover.com/free-credit-score/

Citi has been offering a free EX FICO 8 but it looks like that may be coming to an end:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Citi-free-EX-FICO-Score-8-for-90-days/td-p/5139746

Credit cards that offer a free EX FICO 8 include Amex cards and the Chase Slate.  Other folks may know of some other credit cards.

Message 3 of 23
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

I wish there were more for EQ that is the only one I don't get for free!! I have DCU of course but thats the FICO5 I believe.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question regarding the lenders mentioned in the first 2 posts. I know it was said that in the event of a denial you'll get your FICO score, but what about if you're approved? Also is this something that can be done more than once or is it a one time shot?
Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Question regarding the lenders mentioned in the first 2 posts. I know it was said that in the event of a denial you'll get your FICO score, but what about if you're approved? Also is this something that can be done more than once or is it a one time shot?

All the sites I read said you could reapply every 30 days. It's a soft pull to see if you're approved, but a hard pull to move forward with the application. So, as long as you don't accept the offer and don't finalize the application you should be fine. I don't know if your FICO scores will be provided to you if you're approved.

Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jnbmom wrote:

I wish there were more for EQ that is the only one I don't get for free!! I have DCU of course but thats the FICO5 I believe.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Free-EQ-FICO-8-at-Langley/td-p/5171981

Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, if you are OK having the EQ FICO 8 Bankcard Enhanced, you can get that with most any Citi card.

If the BE score is moderately high (as high as the upper 700s say) your FICO 8 Classic is unlikely to be much lower.  And upper 700s is good enough for approval on anything.

Message 8 of 23
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

thanks Smiley Happy) I just got a citibank card so I guess I now have EQSmiley Happy

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone had luck getting their EQ FICO from Citi lately? Mine has not updated since 2/20...

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.