Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get your EX EQ TU FICOs online for free

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Get your Experian FICO 8 online for free

Just a heads up, expect an uptick in junk mail from bunch of lenders for years to come after you do one of these "fake applications" if you're not opted-out.
Message 11 of 23
Dave4fun
Regular Contributor

Kobe... Same for me..no update on the FICO with my Citi cards portal. No update since 2/17/18, and my credit cards are active with them. 

FICO 8 EQ: 841, TU: 842, EX: 842 Total Rev CL: $547,000 - CHASE/CITIBANK/DISCOVER/ USBANK/AMEX/COMENITY AMEX /BMO/NORDSTROM/MACYS/FNBO/ JCPENNY/TARGET/CHEVRON/1ST UNITED CU/PATELCO CU/SYNCHRONY/ VENMO VISA Sig/ DILLARDS AMEX/ PENFED PLAT REWARDS/PENFED PLOC/WELLS FARGO. AAoA 13 years
Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm... that's annoying.  I hope they're not phasing out the Equifax FICO score in favor of the new link they have for a free Experian FICO.  The only reason I even use my Citi card is to have access to that score.

Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hmm... that's annoying.  I hope they're not phasing out the Equifax FICO score in favor of the new link they have for a free Experian FICO.  The only reason I even use my Citi card is to have access to that score.

My last update was 02/20/2018.  I just checked it.

I hope they aren't phasing it out as well.

Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

If memory serves, they didn't post the 2/20/18 update until sometime in March, I think they're just behind on updating their website. I'm expecting the 3/20ish update to post any day now.
Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Heads up, Citi finally refreshed my Equifax FICO.  It's dated 3/27.

Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup, Citi does their FICO score updates usually the second Tuesday of the month.  This often tends to be about 2 weeks after the time the score was generated.  Why they sit on a score for ~2 weeks is beyond me when almost every other lender provides it within a couple of days of the pull.  Everyone with a Citi account that was waiting on a score should have received an updated one today (4/10/18) as it's the second Tuesday of the month.

I too would be pretty bummed if Citi discontinued their monthly score.  Even though it comes very late, I do like having a free source for my Bankcard 8 score.

Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Also, if you are OK having the EQ FICO 8 Bankcard Enhanced, you can get that with most any Citi card.

If the BE score is moderately high (as high as the upper 700s say) your FICO 8 Classic is unlikely to be much lower.  And upper 700s is good enough for approval on anything.

My citi score is always over 740... Smiley Wink

Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

My EQ Bankcard score through Citi generally runs roughly 15-20 points higher than my EQ Classic 8 score.  Sort of to be expected, I guess, as the Bankcard model caps at 900 instead of 850.

Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My EQ Bankcard score through Citi generally runs roughly 15-20 points higher than my EQ Classic 8 score.  Sort of to be expected, I guess, as the Bankcard model caps at 900 instead of 850.

Is your EQ Classic score in the 800s?  If so, then it is as you say to be expected that your BE score would be 15-20 points higher.

Contributor Thomas Thumb did some research on the two scores (Classic vs. BE) and determined (using percentile data published by FICO, I believe) that the two scores tend to track pretty closely in the 680-780 range.  (Any particular person might be an outlier, of course -- e.g. a BE score of 770 and a Classic of 740 -- but that appears to be rare.)  After the Classic gets in the vicinity of 780 the two scores begin to separate more and more, until eventually you have a 50 point separation at the end.

I remember being really interested in that because I wanted to know with some confidence that when my Citi score was 800 I coud still be confident that my EQ Clasic score would still likely be at least 780 (enough for best rates). 

I don't have the regular confirmation of that fact that you do, because you have a bunch of CCT pulls going back over a year, but the two myFICO Ultimate pulls I have done show that when my Classic is around 830, my BE is just under 850.  My assume that 19 point difference would go down gradually as my Classic approached 770.

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.