Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting AU account to report again

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting AU account to report again

A very long time ago I disputed a bankcard tradeline on my reports because I didn’t realize that authorized users of a tradeline have that tradeline reported to their own report. So of course I ended up with a remark on the tradeline that I had disputed the account but that it was valid. More recently I tried to get the CRAs to delete that remark because, after having learned how it all works, I did not dispute the tradeline. All three CRAs responded not by deleting the remark, but instead by deleting the entire tradeline.

Has anyone else run into this fact pattern? And if so, did you try getting the tradeline reporting again? What might be the best way of approaching getting it reporting again?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Getting AU account to report again

So you're saying they deleted the entire history as well?

I don't believe there is a way to add all the history again, but i can be wrong.  

I would start by calling the agency (TU, EQ or EX) and explained what happened.  That would be my first approach.

Message 2 of 5
thornback
Senior Contributor

Don't do anything until the next reporting cycle and see if it returns to your report on its own. The bureau deleted it, but the creditor likely did not cancel reporting - they just didn't respond to the dispute (because it's not the primary account) which resulted in the deletion, so it should re-report naturally during the next reporting cycle.

If it does not, then contact the creditor and ask them to re-report.

Calling the bureaus won't make a difference- they can't help you with re-reporting, the info has to come from the creditor.

This happened to me - long story short, I had to file a credit dispute directly with the creditor through their dispute process for reporting issues. Explained the account was removed from my report - they fixed it.

You may need to get the primary account holder involved -- depends on the creditor.
Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The first thing that both the issuing bank and the CRAs all said was that the tradeline would reappear after the next statement closed. Nope, it disappered over a year ago. Then the issuing bank said the CRAs had to fix it, and the CRAs said the issuing bank had to fix it. When I told each that they were pointing fingers at the other, they just repeated what they already said.

Eventually I realized that I might have better luck if I called the issuing bank not via the phone number on the back of the credit card, but via the phone numer listed on the old copy of my credit report that still shows the tradeline. From how that call went I'm cautiously optimistic. Guess I'll find out after "a few business days" whether it worked.

Message 4 of 5
thornback
Senior Contributor

Haha... i didnt test the reporting on its own during the next cycle thing - but that is also what I had been told.

When mine was removed, I contacted the customer service for the creditor and the rep (very sweet lady) said she would try to fix it by "turning reporting off and back on again" - so she did that. Well - by the next cycle the account had been removed from all 3 bureaus (originally was just one) because reporting was "turned off". Apparently, reporting could not be turned back on from the CSR level. They all kept telling me the only way to fix It was to remove me as an AU - which would cancel the card- and then add me back on again, giving me a new card. That just seemed absolutely ridiculous. It took four months of calling and hearing the same nonsense before a rep finally suggested i file a dispute through the online portal "because those folks know more about reporting". I did so and that worked - took less than 2 weeks.
Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.