cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting dispute comments removed from CRA?

tag
Doodlebug30
Established Contributor

Getting dispute comments removed from CRA?

I may already know the answer but i always double check here before moving forward....

My DH's loan officer says there are 3 disputes on his CRA (comments saying consumer disputes account). I dont remember doing these disputes but nevertheless, we need to get the comments removed. Im not talking about getting the accounts removed, just the comments within the account saying consumer disputes account. 

Should he just call the CRA and ask for it to be removed? Will they easily remove it? Anything else that needs to be done? 

Thanks in advance everyone!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Getting dispute comments removed from CRA?

Did you ever send a communication directly to the furnisher that contested their reporting?

Message 2 of 8
Doodlebug30
Established Contributor

I had sent out goodwill letters at some point yes. But never contested it. 

Message 3 of 8
Doodlebug30
Established Contributor

Update: 

My DH called all 3 CRA's and had the dispute comments removed on the spot. Was very simple (other than the NIGHTMARE THAT IS EQUIFAX and their identity verifying process). But now it's all set!  

Message 4 of 8
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

You would have better success getting Peace in the Middle East! 

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Doodlebug30 wrote:

I had sent out goodwill letters at some point yes. But never contested it. 

Many lenders upon receiving a GW request will add dispute comments to your account.  When I get going through my GW campaign, Synchrony was notorious for doing this.  Many times, probably 5+ on the same account.  Each time they'd receive a Round of GW letters from me and deny my request, I'd see dispute comments show up on the account.  I'd send them another set of letters calling out the dispute comments as inaccurate, simply stating that I never disputed anything... quite contrary I admitted that the [negative] reporting was indeed accurate, my fault/apologized and was simply asking for a gesture of GW.  The dispute comments would then get removed, only to return the next time a Round of GW letters was received. 

My guess is this is what happened with your account when they received your GW letter(s).

Message 6 of 8
Hutchman92
Valued Member

Piggy backing in this thread. Noticed I had dispute comments on two student loans that were reporting positive now and closed/transfered. I read somewhere that those comments meant that the score was still not calculating that positive trade line ( since they removed late history a year ago). So I called and had the comments removed and saw a 33 point increase within a day or two via credit karma. I don't know if this is artificial credit karma crap or if those comments were really suppressing the positive trade line. Any experience with the score increase from comment removal?

Message 7 of 8
Doodlebug30
Established Contributor

That's a good question! I will say, Experian removed my lates and I saw a 33 pt increase but I *think* there's dispute comments so I'll have to check that

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.