cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gold American Express Debit Credit Ratio ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gold American Express Debit Credit Ratio ?

I've been paying on my Gold American Express card almost as soon as I make a charge due to it being in the thousands of dollars. It states I do not have a payment at this current time due, when typically I would have a payment due on this due date. This from me paying fast on my charges.

Question is I have a balance of $1,600 ish. When this amount reports to myFico going toward my debit credit ratio adding on $1,600 to all my credit total balances? I hope I made sense... Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

Re: Gold American Express Debit Credit Ratio ?

From what I understand, charge cards do not sow up in your CC UTIL% if that is what you are asking.

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 2 of 10
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been paying on my Gold American Express card almost as soon as I make a charge due to it being in the thousands of dollars. It states I do not have a payment at this current time due, when typically I would have a payment due on this due date. This from me paying fast on my charges.

Question is I have a balance of $1,600 ish. When this amount reports to myFico going toward my debit credit ratio adding on $1,600 to all my credit total balances? I hope I made sense... Smiley Happy

When the bank won't accept the payment because 'nothing is due' you can always push the payment from another bank.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 3 of 10
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Hi OP
IMHO, I don’t think it’s good to make payments the second a charge posts. If you want, maybe make 2-3 payments a month to keep your sizable charges from getting out of hand. Also, does the Gold have the Pay It? If yes, you can actually pay 5 charges a day.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

That was my concern if the Gold American Express card, if it shows up on my credit utilazation? I'm about to pay it off again but considering there is no payment due I wasn't sure if I made the cut off time that it reports to the credit bureaus.

I didn't want it showing up on my credit report that I owed $1,600 ish on the card if it was part of my credit uttilazation. It isn't a credit card where you can leave the balance on it. You must pay it off at the end of each billing cycle.

Anyone here know for sure if it shows up on your credit utilaztion? Thanks everyone for the help it's most appreciated!

Message 5 of 10
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That was my concern if the Gold American Express card, if it shows up on my credit utilazation? I'm about to pay it off again but considering there is no payment due I wasn't sure if I made the cut off time that it reports to the credit bureaus.

I didn't want it showing up on my credit report that I owed $1,600 ish on the card if it was part of my credit uttilazation. It isn't a credit card where you can leave the balance on it. You must pay it off at the end of each billing cycle.

Anyone here know for sure if it shows up on your credit utilaztion? Thanks everyone for the help it's most appreciated!

My understanding is that it doesn't show up as part of utilization on the newer scoring models, such as FICO 8, but on some of the old scoring models, including the mortgage scores, it does show up, with the "high balance" being treated as the credit limit and the statement balance being treated as the balance for utilization purposes.

But even on the newer models, where it's not counted for percentage utilization, it is counted as an "account with a balance", which could affect mortgage scores.

I have no personal experience with personal charge cards, just having gotten the Gold card recently myself; the above information is based on what I have been told by some highly respected participants in this forum.

I, like you, am proceeding very gingerly with it, until I get a feel for how it reports. I've had the card for 2 months now and it still has not reported to any bureau.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 6 of 10
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Oh sorry OP I didn’t realize it was a charge card.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you - one thing to note it might take 2-3 months for your Gold Amex to start reporting. This is something common with Amex for whatever reason.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed - I was approved for my AmEx Hilton and Delta Gold cards on 11/15/2018. They showed up in Experian at the end of January, about 5 days ago.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

lolol , i got 2 amex in oct and the showed up yesterday ON MY REPORTS,,,,  theey sais it was a glitch in the system

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.