Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Credit Score but lates reporting

tag
775orbust
Valued Member

Good Credit Score but lates reporting

This might be a stupid question but I'm sitting at a middle mortgage score of 720. 

But I have about 7 lates that are reporting from well over 2 years ago. My one 60 day falls off january 2021. I might call transunion to see if they'll do an early exclusion. 

But anyways this may be a stupid question but will I still have to explain why I have the lates? I know I should work for a higher mortgage score but I'm not sure I can at this time. I did azeo, disputed a collection and had it removed I did good will letters and had one late removed with a recent 13 point increase. Other than this I've exhausted all avenues possible. This is where I sit until january.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Good Credit Score but lates reporting

@775orbust wrote:

This might be a stupid question but I'm sitting at a middle mortgage score of 720. 

But I have about 7 lates that are reporting from well over 2 years ago. My one 60 day falls off january 2021. I might call transunion to see if they'll do an early exclusion. 

But anyways this may be a stupid question but will I still have to explain why I have the lates? I know I should work for a higher mortgage score but I'm not sure I can at this time. I did azeo, disputed a collection and had it removed I did good will letters and had one late removed with a recent 13 point increase. Other than this I've exhausted all avenues possible. This is where I sit until january.

Whether you need to write a LOE for lates that old will depend on the lender you are using. Even if you have to write a LOE it is a pretty straightforward thing and your lender should be able to help with wording (every time I have bought a house the normal LOE needed for inquiries my lenders wrote for me and I just had to sign)

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.