Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good News

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good News

Yesterday I decided to hit the luv button on my Amex Delta card. When I got the card in July they gave me $1000 CL. Last month I called and asked for $2500 which they granted. So yesterday I requested $5000 and got it! I think I will be requesting $10k next month and then leave it alone until next year. I can't wait for my TL to update early next month as my util should go way down.....

I also have an account that updated as well......I requested the DLSC remove a 60 day late from Feb 06 for my school loan from my EQ and EX reports a couple weeks ago. They replied to my letter saying they couldn't but under the reason section OTHER was checked and it said "Please provide a copy of credit reports in question for research." I immediately sent them a copy of my reports and I woke up this morning and pulled my report from NC and that late has been removed from EQ. I pulled a scorewatch report and it was up 6 points to 674.

I finally had the NCO collection drop off my EX report but it's still showing on TU. I e-mailed the gentleman that was listed here a few weeks ago and then got a letter from the VP of Legal Compliance stating it would be removed from the CRAs they report to. At that time it was only on my EX report. Then it popped up on TU after I got this letter. So I faxed a copy of the letter to TU and am waiting on that to update. So making some progress there.

Had an old bill with a gas company. This wasn't my account as it was in my EX's name who evidently then put it in my name without me knowing about it and I disputed, requested an investigation and fought over it but finally decided to just pay it. It was $868 and it makes me angry to have to pay this as it wasn't mine but at least it will update on my TU soon and I should see a nice bump from this. I'm just looking at it like it was part of the divorce settlement and helps me swallow having to pay this.

Lastly I found a house and am now working with a broker to try and buy it. BoA told me I needed a 680 mid score to qualify for their no fees plus mortgage but my scores are only 640 TU, 674 EQ and 679 EX so I decided to try the broker in the meantime. I hope to get this done quickly and move before Thanksgiving.

I owe all this to you guys here who have helped me go from the 530-550 range to where I am today in literally 3-4 months. Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Good News

Woo-hoo!!!!! Smiley Very Happy

What a great recovery story - nearly 100 point increase in 3 months!  I hope you get a great deal with your house!
Message 2 of 11
Eric958
Established Contributor

Now that's SWEET! Congrats.

E!

Never Give Up!!
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you pay your amex in full before requesting CLI? I have had mine for a month and hit luv button and got the 7-10 day response....which is a denial.
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Did you pay your amex in full before requesting CLI? I have had mine for a month and hit luv button and got the 7-10 day response....which is a denial.

I've put over 4000 on the card in 2 months and pretty much pay it as the charges post to the account. Probably paid on the card about 8-10 times in 2 months now. I had $100 balance when I did the CLI.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everybody.....I've been workin my but off to get my scores up. I was told with a 680 mid I would qualify for 275k 100% financing 2000 closing costs @6.5%. The house I'm looking at is 225k so hopefully the mid hits 680 before I'm ready to lock.....
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

wtgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! Great to hear about your success! There is definatly light at the end of the tunnel!
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes there is. Anybody facing what I was when I started might feel overwhelmed or confused or scared or all the above but it CAN be done. Patience is a virtue when you deal with credit and learning to have it makes a big difference in your overall success. Hey if I can do it.....ANYBODY can do it. I know I've helped a friend boost his scores by over 40pts across the board in about 1 month and my sister and brother in law are up similar #s in the same amount of time.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

good luck on the house Bam. Ya can't touch a house here for that.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.