Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good accounts being deleted after 7 years

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good accounts being deleted after 7 years

I have noticed that accounts in good standing simply drop off my credit reports after 7 years, which effects the credit score.  I have about 4 good accounts lefts and they will drop off next year. Any suggestions on how to keep my good accounts after 7 years?  I paid off a car about 10 years ago, the account no longer shows on any of the credit reports.  I have a dismissed bankruptcy that will be there for 10 years.  How can I keep the good credit to offset the negative credit?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Good accounts being deleted after 7 years

Good accounts stay on 10 years from DOLA. There is not much you can do to keep them on unless you can initiate some kind of account activity.
Message 2 of 4
girlie
Regular Contributor

i'm dealing with the same issue.  I have a couple of positives that are just about at their 10 year mark and will be deleted soon.   i'm not looking forward to it because they are the only tl's i have that are 100% unblemished.  i thought the rule of thumb as tuscani said that positive tl's stay on your record for 10 years.  you are being cheated, but not sure what you can do.
Message 3 of 4
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

This is a problem for me, too.  Equifax is reporting that my oldest trade line, a paid mortgage, will fall off on 2/2008. at which point all of my tradelines will be less than 4 years old, with the exception of a paid charge off that isn't due to fall off until 2010.  Any insight into what will happen to my scores will be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks guys.

Message Edited by MercyMe on 05-29-2007 03:45 PM
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.