Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good cop/bad cop for GW's

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good cop/bad cop for GW's

Hahahahaaaa... I think I may have found an amaaaazing tactic for GWs and DVs Smiley Very Happy

For items on DH's report: He has no idea what a 540 means vs a 780, so I handle debt/FICO recovery and have been writing GW & DV letters from him to creditors.

Now, about two weeks later I'm calling to check up on them. Generally, the DVs are a little cold & pushy & mildly threatening and the GWs are just GWs. Then I call, put a human behind the letter & am super-sweet the whole time. Tell them my DH has bottomed out, we think he got bum advice on how to handle this, we're just so confused blah blah blah.

It has worked twice, just today. Got the 30-day late from the personal loan (remember his sis swore she made the pmt on time while he was in the hosp w/ brain tumor? Well, she was actually 40 days late!! grrr) removed today with this tactic, after DVing them and them being very fired up about the "rude and aggressive" letter.

Also, the $25 Chase charge-off (yes, 25 stupid dollars) as well is being removed, after they received the GW letter & responded they couldn't help, I called & now magically it's going away!

Too bad he doesn't have any more baddies to take care of Smiley Sad The rest are my old med bills..
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Scamp
Valued Contributor

Re: Good cop/bad cop for GW's

Good for you, Ivy!  Smiley Happy

Keep at 'em. Smiley Wink

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.