cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good news about student loans and at least one CRA!!!

tag
coachhenson
Regular Contributor

Good news about student loans and at least one CRA!!!

I faxed copies of forbearance letters to all three last week using the numbers that Noah posted somewhere else.  I had a 30 and 60 late posted for Feb. and March 2007 but the the letter shows that the forbearance began in Nov. 2006, at least two months before lates were posted.

Today, I received a letter from Equifax stating that the pay history showing two lates had been DELETED completely!  I had an alert (but didn't get the email from TC) but my score hasn't changed yet.

I also received a letter from TU saying they couldn't accept the documents I sent.  I called TU and asked for an explanation why they couldn't use my documentation.  Jimmy from Tel Aviv said he couldn't disclose that information so I asked for an American representative.  He didn't seem happy, but I was transferred to Mike (he may look like M. Night Shymalan but he sounded like me...) and he told me to fax the info to him at that moment and he didn't see a problem with it.  I explained that EQ had sent a letter today with complete deletion and he said he would get right on it.

As soon as EX gets off their arse I am going to talk to someone there, too.  I called them today about THREE social security numbers listed with my name.  Crazy stuff.

Keep trying and don't give up!  The light at the end of the tunnel isn't always a train...
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Good news about student loans and at least one CRA!!!

Good work Coach!!!!
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Coach,

Congratulations!! I know how you feel about those deletes, wonderful ain't it?   Can I ask who you sent the fax to and the fax number of the person?

Thank you..
Message 4 of 6
coachhenson
Regular Contributor

I don't have it with me right now.  I think it might be 610-546-4657 (TransUnion).   The fax that Noah posted for them is the one I originally sent my stuff to and I got the letter back stating it was not acceptable.  It is hilarious that I can send an exact copy of a letter from the US Dept. of Ed. but it is not acceptable...

I will verify the number when I get home.  I have faxed to them twice and the people I spoke with (US reps) were Danielle and Mike.  I think if you call and ask for an American rep that is the best route to go.  No scripts.  Plus, that person is sitting with the fax.

I hope this helps my score!

Message Edited by coachhenson on 07-26-2007 04:25 AM
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info...  All the best and congrats!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.