cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good old Equifax, site down for 2 days now . . . .

tag
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Good old Equifax, site down for 2 days now . . . .

I guess not many folks still have an Equifax credit monitoring service that's not crapola TrustedID service. I lucked out and had a one month trial service of their very good Complete Premier monitoring service that expired right as they fessed up to letting hackers access a hundred million plus credit records and they've continued the service for free.

I check my credit reports Sunday mornings, and yesterday the site - https://www.econsumer.equifax.com - gave me an "internal server" error. Looks like this morning someone in their sorry excuse of a tech department finally noticed that something wasn't quite right:

We're sorry...
The Equifax Member Center is currently under maintenance. We are working diligently to better serve you, and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Yeah, working diligently . . .  the Equifax way  . . .

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Good old Equifax, site down for 2 days now . . . .

Good ol Equihack, serving the American public like no otherSmiley Sad. My credit lock on TU for Eq is currently down. And to imagine all of my creditors always want this dumb bureaus report. Should just let Dominoes run our info. I mean they pave streets nowSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Good ol Equihack, serving the American public like no otherSmiley Sad. My credit lock on TU for Eq is currently down. And to imagine all of my creditors always want this dumb bureaus report. Should just let Dominoes run our info. I mean they pave streets nowSmiley Wink

Believe you captured the "spirit of things" Smiley Mad

Message 3 of 4
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Well, after 2 days of America's finest working on things, they have the login page back up . . . . and when your try to log in you get:

Equifax Customer Service
Error

We apologize for the inconvenience, however, we are unable to complete your request at this time. Please try again later.

Too bad the hackers didn't get that message . . .

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.