cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got New Mtg - 100% Fin - Will score drop?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got New Mtg - 100% Fin - Will score drop?

I just got a new mortgage with a great rate at 100% financing. Will my score drop? I am near to 800.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Got New Mtg - 100% Fin - Will score drop?

In the short term, yes. But make steady payments and you are bound to recover from it. Credit score is not everything and timely payments on your loans will reflect well to lenders in the future.
Message 2 of 4
Boswd
Valued Contributor

besides,  you got, your house with a great deal,  the main reason for having a great FICO score, everything else is just gravy.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Boswd wrote:
besides, you got, your house with a great deal, the main reason for having a great FICO score, everything else is just gravy.

I agree, my reason for wanting a good credit score is for getting the best rates when I am shopping for financing. If you don't plan on purchasing anything anytime soon you should be fine. I'm sure it won't go down for a long period of time. Congrats on the mortgage 100% financing at the good rate! Enjoy the home and give FICO a break!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.