cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guaranteed credit line approval (Ox Publishing)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Guaranteed credit line approval (Ox Publishing)

What's up community! I learned a lot here on this forum. I don't post much, just read what everyone has to say.

I just joined ox publishing yesterday and boy are they expensive. They charge me $30 upfront payment and 5 monthly payments of $30 dollars. Now that I did not mind if it boost my credit score but I don't like how I have to pay $20 dollar monthly maintenance fee (like what the hell maintenance are they gonna do?), second pay $100 dollars every 6 months so that's $200 yearly. But I agreed anyways to boost my score. It's a $2500 credit line I'm hoping it reports to all three.

My question for you all is it worth it? Is their any other better sites that guaranteed credit line? Is piggy-backing a better solution for me? Is that even legal? I read soo many mixed answers on Google that I'm confused about it.
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Guaranteed credit line approval (Ox Publishing)

@Anonymous wrote:
What's up community! I learned a lot here on this forum. I don't post much, just read what everyone has to say.

I just joined ox publishing yesterday and boy are they expensive. They charge me $30 upfront payment and 5 monthly payments of $30 dollars. Now that I did not mind if it boost my credit score but I don't like how I have to pay $20 dollar monthly maintenance fee (like what the hell maintenance are they gonna do?), second pay $100 dollars every 6 months so that's $200 yearly. But I agreed anyways to boost my score. It's a $2500 credit line I'm hoping it reports to all three.

My question for you all is it worth it? Is their any other better sites that guaranteed credit line? Is piggy-backing a better solution for me? Is that even legal? I read soo many mixed answers on Google that I'm confused about it.

Can’t comment on Ox Publishing as I am not familiar with that creditor but regarding your question about ‘piggy-backing’. If you are referring to paying others so that you can be an authorized user on their account, that subject is considered unethical here at MyFICO and no discussion of it is allowed.Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Message 2 of 14
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The first issue, regardless of the issue of the specific line of credit offered by Ox, is whether you actually need an additonal revolving line of credit for scoring purposes.  How many revolving lines of credit do you currently have, and what are their types and credit limits?

The second issue is what additional criterion must be met in order to provide a guarantee of your acceptance?

Is the credit secured or unsecured?

Is there any contingency based on review of your credit, such as a pull of your credit report, income requirement, etc?

Are you having serious/repeated problems being approved elsewhere without any fees or other charges?

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Predator

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I got myjewelers as well which gave me a big boost so hoping this well boost me too. Reason I got poor credit (600 score) is because my credit card debt that's the only debt. I got 98% on time payment score. Even though I always pay on time i still owe a lot. One credit card max is 1,750 and I used 1500. The other card is 1500 and i used 1200. The other card is 350 and i used 300. My Wal-Mart card I never use max is 200 which i haven't used at all. I'm working now to pay off all my cards within 5 months. Thanks to myjewelers it boosted me to 600 almost 50 points so im hoping ox publishing boost me really high.
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have Ox publishing and the $20 maintanance is after you pay off the initial $150 you are required to make a $100 purchase after the first 6 months but if you dont they will charge you $25.00 to keep the line of credit open. Im not sure if they report that $20 as an on time payment to Trans and Equi. If  you dont make another $100 purchase after 6 months or pay the maintain fee the account is closed but shows as an account in good standing if payments made on time. This is a primary trade line not an authorized user account. Theres also Hutton Chase, very similar that only reports to Equifax. They give you a $1500 line of credit. If you initially pay $60 to start the trade line they will report to Equifax either that same month or on the 1st of the following month. I have this trade line also.

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting (and what will they think of next!) -- did you track what sort of CL bump you got from this? Was/is it worth it?

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

RobertEG asked some very good questions.  What we need is a clear brief list of your credit cards (all revolving accounts), their balances, and their limits.  Based on reading through your posts several times, I believe you have five, though it may be four:

Card 1: Ox Pub.     Balance = ???     Limit = $2500

Card 2: myJewelers  Balance = ???     Limit = ???

Card 3: Name?       Balance = $1500   Limit = $1750

Card 4: Name?       Balance = $1200   Limit = $1500

Card 5: WalMart     Balance = $0      Limit = $200

If two of those tradelines are the same card, let us know.  (That would mean you have four, rather than five.) Also it would help if you would fill in the answer to everything in red.

Here is what you need to do.

* Create a plan that will ensure that you are never ever late on a payment again.  You have some lates on your report and that is bad for your score.  Even one late is bad.

* Pay all of your CC debt to zero.

* Then (after all debt is at $0) use exactly one card for something small.  Let the statement print and then pay off the statement.  Do that every month.  Keep most cards at zero.

* To prevent cards from being closed due to inactivity, use each one every six months.

As far as the Ox Pub account, it is expensive and not helping you.  Three revolving tradelines is all you need.  Since you already have the Ox card, you might choose to keep it open through the initial 6-7 months.  Or you can contact Ox now and sort through what you need to do to close it.  Regardlesss make sure you have discussed the closure with them and have paid all fees.  Very important that the account not get reported delinquent or with a positive balance.

A year after you have paid all cards to zero, you might explore adding a new card, though doing so will not help your score.  You should make almost all your purchases on debit cards until you have gotten into a rhythm of creating a substantial savings account with cash in it for emergencies.  That may take a couple years.  And always moving forward pay your CC statement balances in full.

Message 8 of 14
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If it looks like a scam, walks like a scam, and quacks like a scam then it's probably a scam.

Message 9 of 14
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Why not just cancel the OX account and take the money you would be paying them for maintenance, purchases, fees, etc and apply that cash to the existing card balances?

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.