Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guess who just got a CA notice???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Guess who just got a CA notice???

ME!!!!

This just goes to show how badly your report can be messed up by someone else's oversight.  I had treatment here at my local hospital in January.  Provided all the info they needed to file the claim.  Each month when I received a bill, stil unpaid I called to find out the status of my claim.  Got the response that they were backed up and the claim was being processed and no further action would be taken until they received a response.  My last call to them was a little over two weeks ago.

Home for lunch and mail pick up and almost fell over.  Collection agency notification for 1400.00.Smiley Mad Immeditately called the hospital billing area to find out WHY this account had been sent to colelctions since I had been communicating with them monthly and never got any info that my claim had been denied.  Luckily the lady I spoke with, I had spoken to previouosly and she assured me that it would be pulled back from the OCA immediately.  They also told me it would never go to an OCA without first notifiying me of the claim status which they STILL have not filed.

I also called the OCA to notify them that if this shows up on my report, I will sue them.  Will continue to monitor this situation proactively

Message Edited by Brammy on 04-30-2007 12:45 PM

Message Edited by Brammy on 04-30-2007 12:57 PM
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Guess who just got a CA notice???

What bad luck!

I suggest you start putting everything in writing rather than calling.  Write the hospital and give the full history: "On X date, I spoke to Mrs. Y, who told me Z."  It's not proof but you'll need a good paper trail.  You've done well straightening out lots of other situations, so I'm sure you'll prevail here.  But who has the time to waste on other people's incompetence?!!
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

masdeocho wrote:
What bad luck!

I suggest you start putting everything in writing rather than calling.  Write the hospital and give the full history: "On X date, I spoke to Mrs. Y, who told me Z."  It's not proof but you'll need a good paper trail.  You've done well straightening out lots of other situations, so I'm sure you'll prevail here.  But who has the time to waste on other people's incompetence?!!

The OCa stated that it would take about a week to update the pull back status.  If its not updated when I call back Monday I will start shooting off Cert letters.

Message 3 of 8
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Oh no! Would you like some advice? Smiley Tongue
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tuscani wrote:
Oh no! Would you like some advice? Smiley Tongue

Help me Tuscani!!!!Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 8
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

PFD man.. P F D

Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scary! I hope it's resolved quickly with no damage.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

noni wrote:
Scary! I hope it's resolved quickly with no damage.

Just got a call from the hospital apologizing and guaranteeing it will be resolved by EOB.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.