cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!! Does disputing affect GW letter chances?

tag
Kirkkoh

HELP!! Does disputing affect GW letter chances?

I requested a goodwill removal from a 30 day late payment and the finance company was willing to remove it. Due to bad english, i misunderstood the person on the phone and thought she told me it was denied. I then filed a dispute with equifax @ 9PM CST, so far that was only 3 hours ago. 

My concern is i wont beable to cancel the dispute and it make its way to the finance company and they change their mind as some companys see a dispute as spiteful. Im hoping i can cancel the dispute first thing in the morning, if not, my approach was to call the finance company and tell a supervisor that i misunderstood the person due to not being fluent in english and it was simply a miscommunication and that my dispute wasnt meant to be spiteful.

5 REPLIES 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: HELP!! Does disputing affect GW letter chances?

Welcome @Kirkkoh 

You can just wait it out. Or call the CRA and ask to cancel the dispute. Might be too late. Dont know why you'd dispute it. Its accurate reporting.

Hopefully they follow thru with your request for deletion. In the future dispute only inaccurate info. Its not to try and hope it gets deleted. Comes back verified and a score hit. If the 30 day late is more than 2 yrs old. It isnt doing anymore damage really. Good Luck!

Message 2 of 6
Kirkkoh

Thanks for good wishes! However I'm not sure what makes you think it's accurate, i haven't provided you any info or the story behind it lol. I've read on forums of people requesting a supervisor to perform a "stop code" and people having success that way. Others have reported no luck even knowing this information. The little amount of info I've found on this subject seems like experian and transunion are more willing to cancel it. I'm hoping since it hasn't even been 12 hours or during business hours that it can be canceled. 

Message 3 of 6
Kirkkoh

Also, i didn't mention the story because i didn't want the post to be too long. Long story short - i was a co-signer, finance company calls me and tell me person i co-signed for was late on payment and $60 needed to be paid by the end of day to not get reported to the bureaus. I paid it and still got reported.

Message 4 of 6
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Kirkkoh wrote:

Also, i didn't mention the story because i didn't want the post to be too long. Long story short - i was a co-signer, finance company calls me and tell me person i co-signed for was late on payment and $60 needed to be paid by the end of day to not get reported to the bureaus. I paid it and still got reported.

Well, GW is typically for accurate info one wishes to get deleted as a "goodwill" (hence the name) gesture from the company. How late was the primary borrower?

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 5 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Kirkkoh wrote:

Thanks for good wishes! However I'm not sure what makes you think it's accurate, i haven't provided you any info or the story behind it lol. I've read on forums of people requesting a supervisor to perform a "stop code" and people having success that way. Others have reported no luck even knowing this information. The little amount of info I've found on this subject seems like experian and transunion are more willing to cancel it. I'm hoping since it hasn't even been 12 hours or during business hours that it can be canceled. 

" Dont understand why the "lol". You got antsy after you recieved a deletion comment from the finance company. And you filed a dispute to make sure it was deleted or couldnt wait for it to be gone. So yes its accurate from the above actions. That is why I went the accurate route. Lates aren't anything to laugh about. You pay for a late for 7yrs on a credit file. As you say your English isnt the best. It is accurate or you wouldn't be doing these steps for removal.  Also the more info you post on the forum. The better your chances are in getting results. Dont hold anything back.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.