Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP I'm desperate

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HELP I'm desperate

Any advice is much apperciated.  

I was pre-approved for a Mortgage back in August howerever I never found a house worth purchasing.

Last weekend my family and I found a home and fell in love.  So I call my Mortgage guy and tell him lets pull the trigger.  He tells me I need to get approved again becuase its been 90 days since me approval.

He pulls my credit and Transunion is no longer showing my 6 year old Discover card with a perfect payment history and a 20,000 credit limit wit only $2,400 used.

MY CREDIT SCORE DROPPED BELOW 620 BECUASE OF THIS.  I've called Discover and they said they'll investigate, I called Transunion and they said there noting they can do, they only accept the info that is given to them.  

I'm not feeling confident that Discover can fix this for me.  What should I do? Any Advice?

12 REPLIES 12
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: HELP I'm desperate

@Anonymous wrote:

Any advice is much apperciated.  

I was pre-approved for a Mortgage back in August howerever I never found a house worth purchasing.

Last weekend my family and I found a home and fell in love.  So I call my Mortgage guy and tell him lets pull the trigger.  He tells me I need to get approved again becuase its been 90 days since me approval.

He pulls my credit and Transunion is no longer showing my 6 year old Discover card with a perfect payment history and a 20,000 credit limit wit only $2,400 used.

MY CREDIT SCORE DROPPED BELOW 620 BECUASE OF THIS.  I've called Discover and they said they'll investigate, I called Transunion and they said there noting they can do, they only accept the info that is given to them.  

I'm not feeling confident that Discover can fix this for me.  What should I do? Any Advice?

You just have to rely on Discover to report in.

And I think you should pull your real reports from all 3 bureaus plus your 3 bureau report from MyFICO. If it's just TransUnion that's not showing it, the mortgage guy can pull the other bureaus.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

First of all...take a deep breath.....Smiley Happy

As was previously stated....have the broker pull the other 2 bureaus. If Discover is reporting on Eq and Ex you will be fine (mortgage applications involve tri-merge scores....lowest and highest are usually excluded). If your broker is telling you otherwise he is full of it.

Additionally...call discover and ask to speak with their credit bureau department. They are (historically) very good in verifying account info with the bureaus and you should be in good hands.

It will be ok...I promise...

be well

Gregg

Message 3 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Is the Discover card still open?

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. Still ppen
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Open
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creditors use a recording system called e-OSCAR to update an individuals payment (etc) history with the bureaus.  Sometimes, an update does not go through....whereas the creditor needs to "re-hit" the bureau. Discover is ont of the good guys...and their customer service staff has seen this before.  It will be ok.....just follow up with them.

Gregg

Message 7 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Open

ok, just ask them to do a mid cycle update and that should take care of it.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Absolutely......!!

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the help guys. I'll keep you guys posted should this happen to someone else.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.