cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP: Obtain a hard copy of a credit report..??

Namaste7
Established Contributor

HELP: Obtain a hard copy of a credit report..??

On the EQ, TU, and EXP websites, I only saw options to obtain a credit report the Free Annual site or offer an option to obtain an electronic copy. As stated in the subject, how do you request a hard copy of your credit report?

I apologize if this is sittig right in front of my face and I'm not seeing it but I appreciate anyone's help Smiley Happy

Note: I am not interested in going through Annual Credit Report. I want to obtain them directly from each of the three CBs.

~~MMXX~~
My Garden Goal: Double NW
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HELP: Obtain a hard copy of a credit report..??

If you request them by phone or mail you will get a hard copy: https://www.consumerfinance.gov/ask-cfpb/how-do-i-get-a-copy-of-my-credit-reports-en-5/

But I have to ask: why? Why do you want a hard copy from them? I saved each of mine as a pdf and would prefer to pay for the ink/paper myself than know all that information is traveling through the mail.

Message 2 of 4
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

If you want the hard copies mailed, you can get them from annual credit report..

https://www.annualcreditreport.com/gettingReports.action

Phone:

• Call 1-877-322-8228
  • You will go through a verification process over the phone.
  • Your credit report will be mailed to you within 15 days

Mail:

• Download the request form (You need an Adobe viewer to view the requested form. Download the free Adobe viewer)
  • Print and complete the form
  • Mail the completed form to:
    • Annual Credit Report Request Service
    • P.O. Box 105281
    • Atlanta, GA 30348-5281
  • Your credit report will be mailed to you within 15 days

Message 3 of 4
calyx
Super Contributor

If you are not eligible for a free report through annualcreditreport.com, you will need to call or mail them to request one and pay for it.
If you try to pay for it online, they'll give you a digital copy.

Also, if you have been subject to adverse action (denial of CLI, denial of credit, etc), you would be eligible for a free report from the relevant CRA within 60 days of the AA.  

RIP:

F8 EQ: 815 | EX: 801 | TU: 805 | Accounts: 1/6 3/12 7/24
Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.