Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Student Loan Simulator????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HELP! Student Loan Simulator????

I was wondering if someone could assist me. I've been looking high and low, but I can no longer find the Student Loan simulator. Where is it now? I used the Student Loan simulator in April 2016 and now I am unable to locate it.

I ran a brand new 3B Credit Report on May 10, 2016 so that I can simulate how my scores will be effected if I made a large payment on my student loan. Now that the Student Loan simulator is unable to be found, I feel like I just wasted this new 3B report. Please help.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: HELP! Student Loan Simulator????

Is it actually called a student loan simulator or Fico simulator? I see Fico simulator listed online when doing a search, but not a "student loan simulator."

Hope you're able to find what you're looking for.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I was wondering if someone could assist me. I've been looking high and low, but I can no longer find the Student Loan simulator. Where is it now? I used the Student Loan simulator in April 2016 and now I am unable to locate it.

I ran a brand new 3B Credit Report on May 10, 2016 so that I can simulate how my scores will be effected if I made a large payment on my student loan. Now that the Student Loan simulator is unable to be found, I feel like I just wasted this new 3B report. Please help.
There is a student loan simulation in MyFICO that shows the imapct of taking out a SL, but I did not see one for paying down a SL.  Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi FLA-MOUSE. Thank you for your reply. Yes, I am aware of the simulator for obtaining a new student loan. It looks like myFico has "quietly" removed the simulator to pay down a Student Loan. I was hoping that I was just over looking it, but I wanted others in the community to confirm. It is very disappointing as this simulator was literally there last month. I used it several times and showed my wife that it would raise my score 35 points (based on my old scores) if I paid $3,300 on my student loans. So I ran a new 3B Credit Report so that I could obtain the current estimated score increase...but now it gone. I know that they have added several new simulators but I am very upset that they would remove such an important simulator.
Message 4 of 9
kjm79
Valued Contributor

It's still showing on mine. I had to expand the "pay down debt" section and it's listed on the bottom. ETA: it's also listed under the "All Simulations" options.

Simulator.jpg

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for sharing! I have a screen capture but can seem to attach it to this reply

@kjm79 wrote:

It's still showing on mine. I had to expand the "pay down debt" section and it's listed on the bottom. ETA: it's also listed under the "All Simulations" options.

Simulator.jpg

. It looks like they removed it in the most recent app update.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent in a support ticket to MyFico. The Pay Down Student Loan option is no longer available. Seek their response below:

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for contacting myFICO Customer Care.

The FICO Score simulator can be accessed from your myFICO dashboard by clicking on "See the details and simulate other actions" from the FICO Score Simulator section. The option to pay down a student loan specifically is not available, however, "Pay Down Debt" is an option under the popular simulations tab. We apologize for any inconvenience this mat have caused.

If you have any additional questions, please call 1-800-319-4433 (Monday-Friday 6:00 AM – 6:00 PM, Saturday 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM Pacific Time) and we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,
myFICO Customer Care
www.myFICO.com
Message 7 of 9
kjm79
Valued Contributor

That is really weird. The option is still available for me. I'm using a desktop, not a mobile app, not sure if that makes any difference. But it's still there for me to play with. Says my score would increase if I paid off my student loan (only open installment loan) so I don't think's it's all that reliable anyways. 

SL.jpg

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good grief! I'm sorry to hear that! That is aweful!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.